or Connect

Posts by SunshineRocket

Well, I had no intention of calling CPS.. somehow people think that is what this thread is all about. I think the vaccination analogy is a good one.. because some people do argue that it's medical neglect. Luckily we're allow to opt out of vaccinations for now (Colorado is trying to change that) and I was seriously wondering if denying a child access to early intervention was a type of medical neglect.   I ran into her yesterday and she has removed her son from...
GISDiva- I said the same thing and held out until my eldest was 4 years old and all he wanted in the world was a Spider-Man shirt like all his friends! How funny that it was spider man for your boy too! I still prefer to limit characters but my kids like them because of the comments they get from friends and even strangers
I was adament that my kids would not watch videos/TV.. I didn't own a TV for over 7 years but did have a laptop- once my eldest was 2 years old, I made a playlist on YouTube of videos for him to watch while I prepared dinner- it was about 30 minutes of mostly ABC's and songs in his minority language. Then I added Thomas the Train to his "approved list" and then Caillou... then we moved in with relatives who had a TV n cable and once his baby brother was born (just before...
I definitely don't WANT to call CPS at all.. hence my post. I really don't think I brought up calling CPS at all.    There have been instances of clear neglect that I've seen that I don't feel I need to go into, thing that I know CPS WOULD investigate for.. but I am sure they could find reasons to investigate ME, too. That is NOT at all what I am about. I just honestly don't know how to help these people and was curious IF her denying his delays,etc is indeed...
My ex-inlaws live overseas and I have really been trying to build a relationship with them for the benefit of my children. Unfortunately, it hasn't work and they won't respond to my emails. I would love for the kids to be able to skype with them and learn about their live and culture. It's a sad spot for me :(
My parents both live in town, we see my dad every few weeks and he doesn't really communicate with the kids between visits... my mom and my three year old are close and he is always asking to call Grandma! It's funny because she is hard of hearing, so mishears a lot of what he says so their conversations make NO sense but they enjoy it. My six year old doesn't really talk to anyone on the phone. 
I was a few weeks shy of turning 12. 
This woman has some diagnosed personality disorder- she admits she was originally diagnosed as narcissistic personality disorder but disagreed with the diagnosis- it was changed to something else but she sees a therapist weekly and really, really enjoys it. That's all I will say about that :)    It just makes me so sad to see this little boy. I think he understands a lot but just doesn't know how to communicate and she does nothing to help him. She is allow of his...
So I am not alone! When my son was 4 months old, a friend of mine left her 2 week old baby with me- supposedly for just an hour but it turned into all day (well over 10 hours) and I could not reach her by phone. I was seriously panicking and didn't know what to do. After several hours of the baby fussing, I nursed her on both sides and she went to sleep. I had to nurse her a few more times before her mom showed up. I was afraid the mom had been in an accident but she just...
See, I was wondering if it would be considered neglect- she did infact take him to his 3 year check up but admitted to withholding information about his development. I have spent thousands of hours with this little boy- I used to watch him 1 day a week and I was very close to his mom.    It is just so sad to see this little boy not getting to help that is so readily available. I have seen what early intervention can do- in fact my older son (now 6) was slightly delayed...