or Connect

Posts by Moonridden

Hey all, I need help figuring out how to sidecar co-sleep with this bed frame that we have. My husband was initially a bit nervous about co-sleeping, but I brought him around and now he agrees it's best. However, he is not comfortable having a baby in bed between us. I totally respect that. My MIL, very sweetly, bought us an Arm's Reach co-sleeper, and although it is not my first choice (first would be baby in bed, second would have been sidecaring a crib), I am touched...
As someone who's been through the recovering>relapsing>relapsed>recovering cycle many times since I was a teen, I can tell you right now that if anyone who had been in a position of trust/authority over me had said anything that could even be interpreted as "you're eating too much and not exercising enough", it would have set me back, immediately and badly. You need to tread on this very, very lightly.Also, after severe restriction, it is really, really, REALLY normal to...
Hey all! What's your favorite omega supplement for pregnancy? Any particular brand you favor?
GFCF did nothing whatsoever for my son. After about 2 months of buying incredibly expensive food that he wouldn't eat, and watching him lose weight when he was skinny enough to start with, but with no reduction in his ... what? Autism-ness? I took him to a naturopath for allergy testing. The naturopath determined that he wasn't allergic to many foods (he was allergic to some pet danders, molds, pollens and latex), and we went directly to the store to buy his favorite mac &...
That thread is amazeballs.
I had ultrasounds in all of my pregnancies. This baby will be born in a hospital (others were at home, but I'd have to have an illegal home birth here, and I'm not entirely comfortable with that). Delay/selective vax. My kids are allowed quite a bit of screen time. Not so much television, but devices/computers. Not all of my cleaners are green. Some - like laundry and dish detergent - are, but toilet cleaners and shower scrub, no. My kids are currently attending...
This may actually be a better place to ask this question! Is there any solid information one way or the other about the safety of soil based probiotics during pregnancy? Google is turning up a lot of advertisements and anecdata, but I can't find anything really definitive one way or the other. I've taken probiotics daily for a couple of years, usually the pearls. I've never taken the HSO kind before. I ran out of pearls and almost immediately started having with my...
I talked to a nutritionist about this, because I eat a lot of nut butters, normally. She told me that the risk of giving a child a peanut allergy increases if one or both parents already have allergies (not necessarily peanut allergies, just allergies in general). If the parents aren't allergic people, the risk of giving a peanut allergy doesn't increase. I cut out peanut butter, but I have had days where all I eat is sunbutter.
Eating is pretty casual in my family, partly because I feel like my upbringing contributed to my later struggles with food and body issues. I offer a couple of choices at mealtimes. Unfinished food is saved, and if someone gets hungry later, that's what is offered. Life is way too short to get into power struggles over eating. I don't bribe with desserts, mostly because the concept of 'put more food in your stomach than you want to, and then you can have some empty...
Hi, all - I wasn't sure if this ought to go in the pregnancy forum or if here would be fine, but it seems like I could maybe reach maximum amounts of health gurus here. =) Does anyone have any solid information one way or the other about the safety of soil based probiotics during pregnancy? Google is turning up a lot of advertisements and anecdata, but I can't find anything really definitive one way or the other. I've taken probiotics daily for a couple of years,...