or Connect

Posts by elizabeth67

My period is a few days late. That happens sometimes. But my BOOBS hurt so BAD. I'm really afraid. I thought I was getting my period 9 days ago because I had some spotting, but now no period. That happens sometimes, too. But this month, for the first time ever, a baby name popped into my head. Between that and my boobs (by the way, my husband said they feel " so big"), I am getting a little nervous.
Okay, so I thought I would be saying goodbye to this thread and hello to one of the TTC threads. My husband is finally ready! Just like that! He said February, then I haggled him down to January, and lo and behold what seemed an arbitrary date for starting TTC is here and by golly he really is ready.   But I somehow though that by now I would have landed a few contracts in my career (music therapy). That was my plan- land a few contracts, get my feet wet in my...
Waiting is so difficult. My husband agreed to start trying in February, but I am worried that he isn't really ready and he's just trying to make me happy. When I read the birthing stories in Ina May Gaskin's "Spiritual Midwifery," the male partners play such a vital role. My husband has valid concerns- he wants to wait until we have more money, he wants me to reach career fulfillment prior to motherhood, he wants us to have land- a permanent and stable place to call...
Husband is almost ready to start TTC. I can see it in his eyes. I've wanted to get pregnant for almost 2 years now!!! Its been so hard to wait. Now I'm so nervous. I keep thinking "am I too young? am I too crazy? will I be able to develop my career? we have NO ONE to help us out!!!"   Went to the amusement park with work today and saw everyone with their families (and BABIES). Drove me nuts! We could start TTC as soon as this month or next month! Should I wait?...
Hi Risa! Welcome! I can relate SO much. My husband is TOTALLY, 100% responsible for triggering my mama-instinct.   I used to be very me-driven (I guess I sort of still am . . . ) and career-driven, but as I've fallen more deeply in love with my husband, I have been totally baby-crazy. I can't wait to start TTC. But I must. I'm trying to remember that I want to start my career soon, that I"m just starting out and I want my own business. I'm trying to remember that...
Thanks! I'm pretty sure i'm not ovulating, but I haven't succeeded in consistently checking my bbt or cm. maybe i should. it might help with the uncertainty that comes each month!
So, I'm waiting on my period. I've been spotting for like 4 days  . . . and I also noticed that for the past few days my nipples look "open" like they never have before. Or, at least i've never noticed them looking "open." Is that normal, or could it be a sign of pregnancy?  My period is usually a few days "late," so its sort of hard to tell when exactly to expect it. I haven't been tracking my ovulation, so I don't know about that. I'm not having any other symptoms,...
Just wondering- how successful can the "pull out" method be? I really want a baby, waiting on financial readiness, but I'm scared I won't be able to conceive because I've been using the "pull out" method for like 4 years now, and have never (to my knowledge) been pregnant. And I've had A LOT of sex, every single month, in those four years. My husband (jokingly?) says that maybe his sperm count is low because we do it so much ;-)
Hey WP, I'm glad i came across your thread! I think the problem is that you're eating almost exclusively grains- and are they whole grains? Whole grains (the ingredients will start with "whole grain" and not contain "enriched") will keep you fuller, longer. Bananas are a great source of energy, so good job there!   The other problem is that I don't see any dark leafy greens in your diet, and few vegetables. Was the soup homemade or canned? Canned soup never does the...
I think that a diet low in processed foods, sugars, and salt and high in vegetables, whole grains, and protein is the key to a variety of health issues. If you're eating a lot of soy products and that sort of processed food, try switching up some of your recipes and using lentils, kidney beans, white beans, any beans instead of the "fake" meat products. Dried beans are always best, but frozen and canned are fine to. I've been vegan and vegetarian for almost ten years...