or Connect

Posts by glassesgirlnj

I hope both Conner and Eli are feeling better soon! And that everyone finds allergy relief that works for her.   Annamaria has pretty wide feet like her parents - she's in 6WW shoes. So I don't dare order anything online, either! Luckily we have a good locally-owned shoe store nearby, where the salespeople are very patient with kids.   In other news, we're supposed to see A's godmother this weekend. I do NOT enjoy driving in Brooklyn, but otherwise I'm looking forward...
Also love classical and instrumental music. Which eras? Any 20th-century classical at all?   How are you enjoying the iPad so far?
I once knitted a rug out of an old sheet I cut into strips, on giant needles.   Sounds like you do some knitting with non-wool fiber. How do you recommend getting started, for those who are allergic to wool? (I had a couple knitting lessons with acrylic yarn, but it kept slipping off the needles and was very awkward.)   Hope your LO's fever is better soon!
escher, re: gender-neutral maternity clothes - what about yoga pants? It seems hard to find mens' yoga pants with the wide, flat waist, but I think Verve Hanuman makes a couple styles that might work...   Carmen, poor little DD! I'm glad she's okay. Do you have carpet or a rug on your bedroom floor? As for the leg cramps; my Magic Wand gets a lot more use massaging ankles and knees these days, than it ever did as a "toy"! ;) They are a bit pricey, but worth it. Or you...
I love him kissing the bear in his sleep! A does that with her lovies sometimes.
Plus, she's adorable! Thanks so much! :)   I got the $50 due diligence check and the copy of the check for earnest money. Just waiting till May 10th for, I guess contract signing! Selling my two couches today (couch and love seat) and already got the TV, TV stand, VCR and DVD player gone. Next will be my king bed. And sundry other furniture. Been busy packing and weeding and decluttering! Wow, you are really efficient! When I moved from Pittsburgh to here, it took me...
Nazsmum, it's nice to see you too! How are things in Union County? I'm sorry both you and mum4vr have had people criticize your headcovering. I must have a "leave me alone" vibe or something, b/c I don't get comments like that!! :D (In fact, I got more comments before I started trying to dress modestly...)   mum4vr, about your situation: first, please understand that I'm Catholic, so I might not know all the details of how Protestant congregations work. But you say your...
I think I've known one person IRL who has been 100% perfect with their carseat use, it doesn't keep me up nights. Yeah, and then you think about how kids rode in cars even a generation or two ago - I remember sitting in the "way back" of my family's station wagon, completely unrestrained, playing with dolls. Maybe I got too many knocks to the skull, but that's about it.   ...Mad Libs? How about "binder clip"? (I'm using the "what do I have in my immediate sightline"...
Greta is finally starting to talk!! Just in the last week she is picking up more and more words and I just love it!   That's great! A has recently started saying "cat" (all furry animals are "cat"), "key" (which can mean either a computer keyboard or Mama's keyring), "gate", "up" and some food-related words like "hot" and "puffs". She also sat in my lap with a book yesterday and I *think* she said "happy"...
This group helped me, for sure. When B was in the hospital, on the WORST day we had, when I was feeling my absolute lowest, we received toys, a balloon, lots of cards, and a gift card for FOOD (which was our biggest expense at the time). I feel amazingly blessed to have you guys in my life!   I remember that! I'm glad you felt so much better when you received those things.