or Connect

Posts by glassesgirlnj

I voted on schedule. Will there be a separate poll for caregivers? (Or maybe there was one already, and I'm a space cadet and I missed it?)
I hope to get back to more hobbies when our LO is a little older! (Right now she's 14 months old, and our main hobby is chasing her from room to room and trying to keep things babyproofed...when we're not also caring for my wheelchair-bound mom, or I'm at the office, or my spouse is running one of his online businesses...) But we do like taking long walks together as a family - we have a number of arboretums, cool downtowns, museums, and parks around here. And we read...
I used Lesley Rafes (you can find her contact info on DONA's website).  I am not sure about her VBAC experience, or how many languages she speaks, but I'm sure she would be willing to answer if you asked... 
I think I got the TDaP (or DTaP, or whatever would have been given in November 2011) in the postpartum wing of the hospital.  Other than that, I haven't had a booster in a while; neither, to my knowledge, has my spouse. Neither of us got the flu vaccine this year.   ETA: I got the flu vaccine when I was pregnant, at the advice of my midwife, who told me to get the single-dose, preservative-free vaccine. That was easy peasy to do at CVS Minute Clinic, though it does...
If you're having a non-traditional wedding, and you're dealing with vendors who won't be delivering/onsite that day, I have a piece of advice that can save you a LOT of money - you can decide for yourself whether you feel comfortable with it: Avoid mentioning the "W" word as much as possible, within the limits of your own ethics. In my case, the cupcake maker, the dressmaker, the florist, etc. were all told about "My parents' 40th anniversary". (Which WAS coming up, it...
  That's a good point! I actually did get some grocery shopping done on my way home from one mama's house. I met the other mama on my way home from work, but I had to drive in the opposite direction for a little ways. So I guess that's why I was thinking about the gas $. But if I had purchased new clothes, I would've had to drive to a store... or order online and pay shipping... so I think it all zeroes out in the end. :)
Those who use the system the way it was intended tend to be quiet about their use of assistance programs. Those who abuse the the programs are more vocal about their use of the system, thus giving the impression that many more people are abusing than using assistance programs. That's what I see. Agree or disagree as much as you'd like. It's apparent that few posting want to find points we agree about to have a less adversarial conversation.   Hm. At the risk of...
At least "controversial" doesn't mean "Not". Just that there are differing opinions Which is a good thing, right? Absolutely! :) We have a saying, "There is no Pope of Vodou"... however your own societe does it, is the way that's right for your societe. (What annoys me is when people - NOT you, Maiasaura - set themselves up as "Internet Vodou Experts" and INSIST that their house's way is the ONLY right one... ahem. I'm sure that happens in other spiritual paths too!!)...
This was on Craigslist instead of in a B&M "thrift store", but I got my daughter's entire spring wardrobe - 48 pieces of clothing - for $60 total! And one of the mamas I bought from was also happy to take two outgrown slings off our hands (our local Goodwill doesn't allow us to donate baby carriers of any type).   I guess I had to spend some $ in gas driving to these two mama's houses, but I didn't notice anyone in the posts above figuring in the gas money, so I...