or Connect

Posts by poema304

Due around Sept 19th with baby #4. Not sure if we will find out the gender. We did with our first 2 boys, then we were surprised (though not really) with our 3rd son. So this time around I'm pretty much planning on this baby being a boy as well. Hubby and I have not decided yet, but we've got some time :) 
Hello, hello! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all :)   I'm Virginia and have 3 boys (13, 8, and 14 months). I am a SAHM while homeschooling my middle guy and birth doula'ing and teaching Hypnobabies on the side. I'm pretty ecstatic and completely scared at the same time! Although this is my 4th time around, as you can see by the age gaps in my children, I've never had two kids so close together. Like I said though, I am over the moon with happiness because I...
Take your temp every 2-3 hours to make sure no fever develops and no sex. Other than that, relax and enjoy the ride
Congrats!!! What an awesome birth story :) 
Lol, I keep checking our group to see if anyone has had their baby yet. I'm really surprised we've only had one so far. I'll bet things start picking up next week. I plan on walking a 5k this Saturday, so I'm hoping that will get things moving ;)   I had a lot of energy to nest around 32 weeks, but have been so unmotivated until just recently... getting a second nesting wind :) We've got most things crossed off our lists and now I'm getting everything washed and...
I am due in November and have been considering how we will make our bed safe for co-sleeping. I originally thought I wanted one of those infant beds that go on your bed, but with only a queen mattress, having enough space to be comfy is crucial. So I started looking into side rails which clamp down on top of the mattress so there is no gap. I like this idea because I can keep baby right next to me and not have to lift him up to be able to nurse. While I was researching...
I love this thread! I'm so over clothes!! I bought clothes in 2 different sizes since I balloon up near the end. All my small shirts are too short now, but most of the medium size ones are long sleeves and it's just been too hot (ok, I think it's just me, but it really feels warm out) to wear the long sleeve medium shirts I got. I've been living in the 1 medium tank top I got for "layering"...hahaha!! My jammies are now XL giveaway shirts we've collected from hockey...
Ugh, I've been dealing with it for the past couple of weeks. Just taking a shower is exhausting and I usually want to take a nap afterwards. We are supposed to be cleaning our carpets and garage this weekend. Crossing my fingers I can muster up enough energy to be slightly helpful to the hubs. Lol, especially since it was my idea in the first place ;)
  Same here! I guess just whatever I happen to be wearing. However, I would like to pick up a lacy "bralette" (looks kinda like a sports bra, but it's made of stretchy lace) for the birth tub. Not sure if I'll actually want to use it, but it might be handy to have. I like the lace ones because they are super thin and dry out really quick unlike a regular sports bra.   Lol, I also want to get a bikini wax before hand... I suppose since my crotch will be rather exposed, I'd...
Pretty good article... I'd like to throw in there though that perineal massage is not a must. One can argue that doing this daily can actually break down the tissues of the perineum, which would result in an increased chance of tearing. If you have scar tissue from a previous tear or an episiotomy, massaging that one spot can be beneficial though.   Also, just to throw this out there, be in an upright position while you are pushing to get baby's head to crown. When...