or Connect

Posts by DinaM

Unfortunately if you do not want to take medication or consent to seeing a therapist there isn't really anything that anyone can do for you. While I fully understand the aversion that may exists to being medicated, especially if you're sensitive to drugs or are leading a more natural and holistic lifestyle, I don't understand why you wouldn't wish to talk these thoughts and feelings over with someone who is trained at diagnosing issues such as PPD. You've taken the...
I fully agree with Imakcerka in that children need to be taught to respect other people's bodies and space, and while they may be aided in some cases by not allowing the children to play together for a pre-determined length of time I also think that it's really important that children are taught more effective ways to communicate their feelings and frustrations. While as adults we know hitting is bad, I think we also need to realize that in a lot of ways it's a very...
greektome2 your son sounds wonderful, both creative and very self aware. Perhaps the problem lies not in his behavior but in the perception of it. I completely understand that while at practice you want him to listen to the coach, and that at dinner you want him to use a fork but aside from that a lot of the other things seem like "issues" that aren't naughty or indicative of anything like ADD but rather very normal childhood leanings. For example, chances are good that...
I'm completely new to this and not sure what to expect but I'm open to whatever learning experiences I can gain from it and whatever help I can give.
In addition to what you're doing naturally have you tried therapy sessions. In some cases therapy along with medication can create a harmonious balance that will allow you to regain your equilibrium. While I haven't suffered from PPD, this was the solution that finally helped a friend of mine. She found that being able to go and see a therapist was key in her recovery as the person she was seeing had a dedicated time to talk to her each week and it forced her to get out...