or Connect

Posts by Marlet

What about this kit? That was I got when I first wanted to learn just to make sure it was going to be something that stuck. The spindle is super basic (I've since upgraded and adore mine....a Schacht hi-lo if you wanted to get him another one to supplement that kit) but it works. I loved it (until I upgraded ). The fiber is nice enough (though the blue [purpley one in that link] did bleed a bit on my hands as I spun) but is still somewhat of a workhorse so it's not just...
I was going to come post something similar to this! I've suddenly gotten a TON of spam calls to my cell phone (not listed anywhere) lately. Like 3 or 4 a day. Most were credit card offers or credit repair offers. I just said to take me off their list and didn't think abything about it. Then I got a phone call for diet pills. Apparently I had placed an order (on the day I was giving birth no less) and they were calling to confirm it. They had my name, our business card...
I have a pair of red sheets that are almost 2.5 years old. They are still bleeding color!! I only wash on hot but have had to get by with cold before so they've gone the gamut there. I've used vinegar on them in hopes of setting the color but no luck. I dry on hot but apparently that doesn't matter. I'm tired of sheets that bleed. These are older for crying out loud! Am I just doomed with the fate of this or is there something I haven't done yet that could seal the...
Thanks ladies! We do live in the town so are very familiar with it. Plus DH grew up in it and at one point my mom lived on the outer limits of it. The house has been appraised and we were told the city should also have a file on it. Should we bother getting another appraisal or should we just request the information available (it's an older home..one of the first in the town and the family did things very legit so anything like building codes/bids are documented). The...
I've done pre-made breakfast burritos and frozen them (warm up in any way but at the time I made them for DH so he used the microwave....we don't have one anymore). I've also done breakfast eggrolls (I fried mine but they could be baked). Those were a HUGE hit. I used Azumaya egg rolls wraps and then just did eggs, cheese, potatoes, and corn. The burritos were just plain flour ones. My kids last longer with a good fat included. They adore bagels with an avocado cream...
I'm back! Well not yet but soon enough. Had DD3 at the end of November. I tried posting this over at the Ovusoft forums but no answer yet. I also looked back through the old threads because I know I've mentioned it but couldn't find anything. Anyone know where the post is or have the settings saved somewhere that sets the TCOYF software to strict? I know the thread on Ovusoft had a couple things changed setting wise that made it geared towards TTA (just because it was...
We used withdrawal and contraceptive film (VCF). I liked the film and didn't react to it (though I know some who have). Once my cycles resume we'll do that again (the one time we didn't use either of those resulted in the baby laying next to me ).
Mine were longer and heavier. I went from what would be considered medium flow on my heaviest day to super heavy. I gave up using my diva the first couple days because it would overflow super fast. I also went from 5ish days to 7-9 days. I only had it a couple months before it fell out so I don't know iif it would have gradually sorted itself out or not. I wasn't aware of it though DH was. Certain times of my cycle it would just be lower and he'd notice it more. My...
I inadvertantly did. I was texting with a friend at the time and when a new text comes in on my phone there is a time stamp. Until I hit "read now/read later" it's visible. I wasn't timing the length of them but was able to see when they were coming. I did eventually stop texting her at which point I wasn't interested in knowing timing anyways. Had I not been talking to her I wouldn't have gone out of my way to do it.
We went and looked at a home this evening that's for sale by owner. This would be our first (and likely only) home purchase so we are very green in this area. Tell me everything we should know (for both purchasing in general and purchasing FSBO)!