or Connect

Posts by aaahmyeye

Well, the past two days she has refused to nap.  She's handled the long wake time better than I have. I was hoping she would nap until we at least had #2 in January, but now I'm not so sure.  The nice thing is she goes to bed super early now!  Still wondering about the quiet time transition, but haven't tried to implement that yet.
Thanks for the info and bumping the post! :-)
Yes, I could try that and see how it goes.  I was also thinking about maybe doing short stints in the crib with books/quiet toys.  Just like 5 mins and then get progressively longer.  I'm not sure how she'd do with that.  She used to hate her crib and would cry whenever we put her in it, which is why we gave up on it. We took it down and haven't used it in 6 months or so..... 
I could.  We co sleep at night though, so that would be a big change for her.  She does so well I am just concerned that getting her in a crib at night would mess her up.  I guess I feel like her naps already suck, so if they get worse it can't be that bad, whereas nighttime sleep (once she falls asleep) I'm really happy with and don't want to mess up....   I would be fine continuing to use her floor bed, but I don't know how to KEEP her on her floor bed - i.e. if I were...
We originally tried night weaning when she was about 17 months old.  She was cutting her first molars (horrible time to night wean, I know, but she was nursing SO much at night I just couldn't take it any more).  That time didn't go so well - she ended up completely hysterical and cried for over an hour at being told "no", so I just decided she wasn't ready yet and just let her nurse.  Then we went through a lot of transitions (moved towns and houses, became pregnant) and...
Not sure if night weaning is the answer for you, but we just night weaned my 21month old dd about a month ago.  Made a HUGE difference in how I felt during the day and dd sleeps way better than she used to when she was nursing.  I put off doing it cause I thought I would lose tons of sleep during the process, but I was sleeping so pitifully while she nursed (she had started to push and pull on me, cry "OTHER BOOBIE!!" super loudly, kick me, etc) that I wasn't that much...
I am 22 weeks pregnant and still nursing my 21 month old.  I've read that oftentimes the toddler will self wean during pregnancy, but dd has shown no signs of slowing down.  I'm hoping she will self wean; I don't really want to wean her, but am not too sure about tandem nursing.  It sounds like a lot.  I'm a little intimidated and unsure if I can handle THAT much boob action.  Anyone BTDT?  Dumb question, but how does it work?
I'm looking for advice to transition my 21 month old dd to napping/quiet time with less involvement from me.  Currently, dd usually naps for an hour from around noon to one.  I usually nurse her down.  Sometimes this is a quick process (15 minutes) and sometimes this is a very long process ( i.e try at 11:30, no dice, try again at noon, no dice, try again at 12:30, no sleep, finally falls asleep around one or one thirty).   As I said, she usually naps for an hour, but...
Hi, My dd is 20 months old and I don't think she's gained much weight since her 12 month check up.  She may have gained some, as I don't remember exactly what she weighed, but I don't think it's more than a 1/2 lb - 1 lb of weight gain.   I haven't taken her for her 15 or 18 months wellness exams.  We had a bad experience at her year check up, then around the 15 month old one we were in the process of moving so I just put it off till we got the the new city (honestly,...
Thanks Ladies! Sorry for the delayed response.  We haven't tried any of the docs yet, but thank you for the recommendations!