or Connect

Posts by WorkingMom30

My 9 yr old DD has always been the good child, and I mean overly good child. Here lately she has been getting bullied. The teacher said it is bc it's prob bc the kids know she won't do or say anything. We've had conferences and everything addressing that issue at school. It seems as though that is getting a little better. In the mean time, she was slacking at home. I cut her a break bc I knew she was very upset and trying to do good in school. I completely understand. I...
My SD is coming to stay for the summer. She is going to babysit my kids to make some spending cash and to spend time with them. So instead of just paying her, I made her a budget just like mine. So my husband has completely overreacted. He says its too much. I told him it is never too early to teach how to save. Now she can save for whatever she wants to spend it on, but I just want to teach her how fast saving can help her money grow. I do this for myself. I will do...
What I stated was the BM texts me. I just recently blocked her. As far as my SD and summer. That was just a statement. It's nothing that would be legal. Se is a preteen, and so know she's come and stay for a week or two. I know she isn't mine, but that was just stating how we feel with each other. Couples therapy has been a thought. But it's one of those things he doesn't do. So in just lost
Don't get me wrong by no means, I do appreciate your responses. This is such a touchy subject and it's ripping my marriage Apart. I wish I could not care. I wish I could call her his daughter, but I can't. Like today I was out shopping for all the kids shoes. I found some in sale and text my SD if she could wear them. She said no she was like 3 sizes bigger than my shoes now. I responded that wow we couldn't share at all anymore. She was so upset. She was thinking talk to...
But let me add this is the same bday present I for my children last year and my SD wanted the same. So I told her I would try. Well, of course is do whatever I can to treat all my girls the same. Anyways. My husband says there is always going to be a problem with her mother and me. He says that she will poke at me bc she knows she can. My question is since they are such "best friends", not really but every conversation is atleast 1 hour long and I just stay away. He just...
. I can see where you feel that way. I would too about mine kids. But I'm telling you it's a very different situation and my SD doesn't even live with her mom physically. She stays next door at her grandparents cause she shares her room with 3 sisters. The BM doesn't know if she goes to school or not bc the grandpa takes her. She has missed over 60 days of school but since they were excused the school does nothing. But all her mom had to do is write a note. I wish I could...
My husband does not like confrontation. He likes to keep things quiet. My SDs BM treats me so bad. All I ask my husband is to defend me. He refuses. He just doesn't say anything to her. I have cut all means of her contacting me off. My husband does not contact her husband, so she doesn't need to contact me. I do not fight with her b/c I show her respect because I will not have that come back at me, and I love my SD. I just can't take it. She thinks I will unblock...
 I have to not be involved with any financial issues! I have tried so hard to not treat my SD any differently than my children. I am not sure how not to be "that stepmom" and treat her like she is different. I love my SD with all of my heart. I hate that her mom has a problem with me when I tell her I can't keep giving all my money to her. She would be fine if I never said I couldn't help her. She never keeps her promises with me, even though they are all things for...
That is so crazy. I am sure my SD's BM is the same way. My SD just keeps to herself. The BM does say that stuff to me though. She is just crazy. But there is alot more colorful language than with a child.