or Connect

Posts by WorkingMom30

Thanks.  This is my SD's BM.  My SD lives with her.  We only see my SD during the summers, so with have to deal with the BM.  For instance this is just the past few weeks.   She didn't know how to fix the IPHONE we got my SD.  It just needed to be plugged into itunes and update.  We sent my SD a computer as well, but her step dad uses it, and is out of town with it, UGH!!!  So supposedly she sent the phone priority mail 2 weeks ago.  Well, it's still not here.  She gave...
I don't want to make this too long.  My question is how do you deal with a compulsive liar without making them on the defensive?  This person lies all the time.  And it is about ridiculous stuff.  It's bad when it is someone you depend on.
  That is such a cute and wonderful idea.  She already has shirts and shoes with ducktape on it.  I never thought about a book and cool duck tape.  Thanks so much.  She will love that....  I already made an account there.  Just got to start digging and find a cool book...
  She is almost 12.  We asked her mom about dance classes( she is always in dance with us, and loves it ), but BM said she didn't have the time to be going back and forth to classes for her when she couldn't afford for her other children to do so as well. 
  So did you go to court, or is this just how both parties view it?  I have no problem it being equal.  I just feel like it's really our problem if we want to see her, and SD is so ready to see us.  We just want a little more time with her.  Our SD flies unaccompanied minor so it gets pretty pricy after tickets, and baggage and everything. 
  In our state it is different.  CS is set up, then after visitation is set up, it will be recaluculated depending on what your rights are.  We were stationed overseas, so he never went back and got anything reestablised.  We just pay, and get her as often as we can.  So when visitation wasn't set up, neither was an order of who pays what for cost.  We pay all, versus paying the court to get it redone.  And you are most def incorrect.  It has been 9 years this way, and...
We pay 100% of travel cost including the unaccompanied minor fees and luggage fees.  We also pay the child support when the child is with us.  It is all put on us.  So it's "only when daddy wants you to come"  But that's not true cause say when we ask for the holiday, well, it has to be flying out the day after the holiday, and guess what school starts back in 3 days, so make it count.  My husband and I are dual income so it is what it is.  Her mom is a SAHM and husband...
Just out of curiosity.  Who pays for the child to fly from one parent to the other?  Does the NCP always pay for all the travel cost plus child support for the months the child is not with the CP?
 We have all been or are in a sticky situation.  This forum can be very helpful.  I have found some stepkid bashing forums myself, and it's depressing.  I love my SD with all of my heart.  Her BM I can do without.  It's so much easier to see the light when it's from the outside looking in.  Not all responses will be helpful, but there are people who are in or have been in your situation that can really help.  When I get so overloaded, I may not post, but I will read on...