or Connect

Posts by sotohana

So much catching up to do!    As you've probably figured by now, Olivia has arrived earth side! Here is her birth story, finally!   Olivia’s birth story officially begins the night of Saturday, November 16th, 2013. This evening I threw a surprise 39th birthday party for Christie at Big Al’s Bowling Alley in Vancouver. Her actual birthday is the 17th, but Saturday evening was a better night to throw a party. Not only was Christie surprised to see her friends and family...
Granite, I'm so, so, so happy for your family! 9.4 pounds is such a great, healthy weight too! I can't wait to hear more of the birth story!    Welcome, Redrockband & Madronedw! Congrats on your BFPs!    Escher- sending you lots of love right now! We're in the same boat- 39 weeks today for your DW, right?   Prettyisa- did I read that right that you are expecting twins? That is so exciting if it's true!!!   AFU- I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow and am feeling very done...
You did an amazing job, Sphinxy! And you've got that sweet boy to shower with love, which is the best part! So, so happy for you! Granite! You are so close!!! I can hardly believe how far we've come... Wild. How are you feeling? Liz, re: your QOTD, I did think about that when DW and I were choosing names. We've chosen Olivia for her name and it was one of my Mom's top contender's when she was naming me. Thing is, she thought ppl would make fun of me by calling me "olive...
Thank you for sharing, Beastie! <3
Congratulations, Sphinxy!!! So glad to hear that you have your healthy baby boy in your arms! Yay!
Oh Coco, Thank you so, so much for sharing that song. I'm totally crying right now. She's so right- many mothers would defend their daughter's right to be exactly how they are, yet they would judge themselves and pick themselves apart. My own mother is incredibly judgmental of her own body and my sister's and mine by extension- well, really, of all women's bodies. The other day my aunt was showing my mom a picture of her daughter at 39 weeks pregnant and my aunt remarked...
Thank you for the new thread, Lizbian! And congratulations on reaching the telling people stage! That is so exciting.    Yay, Sphinxy! That is so exciting that things are moving right along! You got this, Mama! Sending lots of ELV and praying you get to hold that sweet boy in your arms sooner rather than later.
Okay, I finally got my internet to work. Here they are :)            The white cake was a rainbow cake. Cupcakes were gluten free.     Dad and nephew, Dashel    price-guessing game   My beautiful sister and me    DW and I looking extremely exhausted after a long day of fun.
Oh and yes, please do let me know if you would like to be Threadkeeper for the months of October, November, & December. It's pretty easy, honestly. We all get along fairly well, I'd say :) Folks in your second trimester might be best- i.e. gamitzer, BreadandCoffee, JenMostOften, justrose13 or Lizbian. Any takers?  
Hi all! Please accept my apologies for being such an absent thread keeper of late. For some strange reason my email hasn't been alerting me each time there's a new post in this thread even though it alerts me to new posts in two other threads I only posted in once each. Weird. Imagine my surprise when I log in and there's been three weeks of posts!    Jam- I am so, so sorry for your loss. I'm sending you and your DP lots of love and light during this difficult...