or Connect

Posts by sotohana

Welcome Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting folks! This is the summer thread, for the months of July, August, & September in 2013. If you want to be added, just post in bold with your due date. Also, if you have recently had your babe(s), please chime in with the name and birth date in bold. If your information is not correct or has changed, please also post in bold so that I can get it corrected!! Pregnant - Due Dates October 2013 Sphinxy, EDD 10/10/2013 November...
Thinking of you, Erin!
Congrats Coco! She's so beautiful! Granite, I'm up for that task. How do I start a new thread?
Welcome gamitzer and congrats!
Yay Cordelia! So, so happy for you and your DH! Welcome baby!! You're gonna love it here!
Ooh ooh ooh! So exciting, Cordelia!! Thinking of you today, Mama!!
Whoa! Randomly stumbled on this while reading Ina May Gaskin's book review on the MDC home page. This must be what I have! My hips also go numb when I lay on them for even a little bit of time, which sounds like it is quite related. Wonder if I can find a more affordable chiropractor- one whom I don't have to pay a $30 copay each time I visit....
So exciting that you can feel the movement already, Granite! Time flies! I like the way you are looking at DP's parents coming once the baby is born. I've been trying to do the same by putting a positive spin on my sitch with my Mom. She may act...special...but at least she does love the crap out of me. She tries. I can be grateful for that.   Carmen- I'm so sorry you are having to deal with the GD complications :( I pray that it becomes a distant memory as soon as...
Cocobird- I'm sending you lots of labor inducing vibes! Can't wait to hear all about your birth!   Carmen- What encouraging news from your midwife! I'm so relieved for you that you may still be able to get the homebirth you've been longing for! Yay!   Sphinxy- I like your Mom's advice. It sounds a lot like something my Dad would say. I'm with Cordelia in that it seems totally fine to me to mention to your tenants that you are pregnant. The way you ended up doing...
Cocobird- I'm so sorry to hear of the troubles that your family is facing with your 15 year old. Indeed it sounds quite traumatizing what she went through with so many people walking out of her life. What I know of trauma is that it literally changes the circuitry of our brains- leading often to the absence of explicit memory (autobiographical recall of specific events) while implicit (emotional, behavioral, perceptual & bodily) memory remains. Perhaps this is why she...