or Connect

Posts by trimommy2009

Things are going well.  We are still separated, but are having many thoughtful and respectful conversations.  He is still seeking therapy twice a week, attending church with an old friend, keeping on anti-depressants and sleep medications and he is feeling a lot more grounded.  I have been attending therapy as well and my kiddos are doing very well.  Surprisingly well, my oldest who is the most sensitive has been doing better in school and better at listening.  It's been...
So I did it, I stuck to my instincts and asked him to leave.  We've had some very long and considerate conversations and though he doesn't want to and doesn't agree with me, he has agreed to move out for one month to start.  He has met with his therapist twice this week and started anti-depressants.  He knows he wants to work on these issues, however he hasn't fully admitted that the problems are his own quite yet.  I think he still feels like this is "our" problem because...
I've just started to realize that I'm in an emotional, verbal and now physically abusive relationship.  That probably sounds odd, but DH has been such a master manipulator that I haven't even noticed until now.  Just a little back story, we've been married for 6 years and have two wonderful kids.  He is a great man and an amazing father, but I've only started to realize that I've cut myself off from all of my friends (I can't remember the last time I've seen them outside a...
Sex...not always fun towards the end when you just want to sleep and feel like a water buffalo, but hubby appreciated it and looking back it was quite nice for me too.    Evening primrose oil capsules - I would insert 2 capsules right before bed every night after 39 weeks   Chiropractic adjustment - just to make sure baby was in a good position to put pressure on the cervix   Walking/hiking - gravity is always good.  Just remember sunscreen.  Both post labor...
Congrats on the birth!  I had a home VBAC 10 months ago and I'm still on a super high from it, I swear!!  I keep telling my husband we should have another baby just so I can do it again!  Ha...then I remind myself that isn't necessary!  :)    I love how you listed out the points that helped you prepare for your VBAC!  They are extremely helpful for anyone looking to VBAC and I went through all those same steps.    Congrats and enjoy your baby!!  
OMG!  I wish I had this post about 2 months ago!  DS started to get visible decay in his two front teeth (no pain though) so we took him to the dentist who said we needed to fill them as soon as possible to avoid having him lose the teeth before they naturally fall out around age 6.  He's 3 and 1/2.  Long story short we did not get a second opinion and took the dentist's word for it...had to take him to the hospital to do the work under general anesthesia.  She ended up...
Thanks for all the replies!  In the end I just trusted my gut and let him start eating, the funny thing was once he started trying different things and playing with the spoon and cup the less he wanted solids.  He is 8 months now and only really wants the little puffs because he can feed himself.  Otherwise he just isn't interested, which is getting a little stressful because I'm barely making enough milk to keep him happy...but he will eat on him own soon enough.  
My first was a horrible sleeper and I had to have a nanny watch him while I worked at home from 3 months on.  I'm still working from home and my newest baby is a champion sleeper, he falls asleep to the sound of me typing and I've gotten really good at typing one handed.  That being said I do have a nanny full time now that the youngest is 8 months and very mobile.  There is no way I'd get anything done otherwise.  Good luck!  I personally feel like it's the best of both...
Congratulations!  I hope your pregnancy is going smoothly so far.  We are all here to support you in your journey to becoming a mother!   I can't say how it works in California, but I just had a home birth in Colorado and I interviewed three different midwives and each had their "preferred" hospital, but none had a backup OB.  Once we selected the midwife, we then pre-registered at the hospital she would perform a 'non-emergent' transfer to.  I just went in, filled...
I know it is really hard to wait!  Even knowing I would allow my babies to "come when they are ready", there is something about that DUE Date that solidifies things in your mind.  For what it is worth, with my second baby I tried primrose oil, walking, sex and then accupuncture right when I hit 40 weeks, I wanted that kiddo out!  After two accupuncture sessions, I went into labor and when it was all said and done I was really sad it was all over.  My second kiddo will...