or Connect

Posts by trimommy2009

I've really loved reading all of the responses to this post, they have all given me new insights into looking at birth differently for different people.  I had two wildly different births, the first being an unnecessary c-section, the last one being a home birth almost 5 months ago that still has me on cloud nine and I've unfortunately fallen into the trap that my birth is best.  Reading these replies has helped me learn how to be a better friend and support her...
Almost 5 months after my wonderful VBAC baby was born, I'm finally writing my story.     I suppose my story really began 3 years ago with the birth of my first son.  I've tried and tried to write his birth story without winding up in a ball of tears about how it all happened and I can't.  I knew I wanted a natural birth, so we instantly went to the only free-standing birth center in our area.  My husband was never really a fan of them, but I loved it.  When I went...
I know that most people say not to start solids until baby is 6 months old, but my almost 5 month old is DESPERATE to eat whatever we are eating. He tries constantly to grab our food and watches us eat, drooling (it's really kinda cute). I've let him suck on frozen watermelon, cantaloupe and plums because he really loves it and it helps his teething gums. He is exclusively breastfeed now and seems satisfied after feeding and is gaining weight well. We didn't start...
We took our first son to France for two weeks when we was 11 months old and it was amazing! He wasn't walking yet and was still nursing so it was really easy. We went from plane, to train to car for a total of 16 hours of travel time In getting there (lost luggage and all) and he was a champ. It helped that he wasn't mobile and I wore him the whole time. The time change must have really affected us all because we all slept about 12 hours a night for the first week and he...
You're right, of course. It is her birth and it shouldn't matter to me.  I guess I'm just sad to see my friend, who is so strong and smart is so many areas of her life fail to see that same strength in her own body.  I need to stay on the right side of the educational support vs preach line.     Thanks for the mental check, I can be a better friend to her by just supporting her. 
WHAT??  Ok, a little background.  I've always felt that birth is a normal and natural thing.  God and Mother Nature designed us perfectly for the task at hand.  I attempted a natural Birth Center birth with my first son which ended up in a c-section, my second son was born at home 4 months ago (one of these days I might have time to actually post my birth stories) and it was the most amazing experiance EVER.  I whole heartedly advocate natural birth for soooo many...
We have BCBS of OK and I went ROUNDS with them when I wanted to have midwifery care instead of an OB.  The stated over and over they would not cover midwifery.  There was LOTS of tears and perhaps some yelling (pregnancy hormones, I couldn't help it!)    In the end I decided to pay the home birth fee out of pocket (about $4000) and submit it to my cafeteria plan for reimbursement.  In the end we decided to go with a CNM and her billing service decided to submit it to...
I love deli meat, that was my first meal after giving birth this last time, but I avoided it during both my pregnancies. I know statistically I had a greater chance of getting in a car wreck then getting listeria, but I couldn't realistically stop driving. I could forego deli meat and soft cheeses without impearing my lifestyle though, even if it did stink!
20 months with my first as a full time working mama (part time from home which is particularly helpful). My newest little one is 4 months and we're still going strong.... So, 24 months and counting!
My first was a planned birthcenter/unplanned c-section at 41 weeks and 3 days weighing 8lbs, 7oz. My second was a homebirth at 40 weeks and 3 days, weighing 9lbs, 8oz. I didn't do any kind of natural induction, except walking and sex for the 1st because my midwifes assured me it was completely normal and weren't worried. The 2nd time around I was very done being pregnant and tried accupuncture at exactly 40 weeks. Two sessions later I was in labor, it worked well for me....