or Connect

Posts by Hoopin' Mama

I would start with calling your DO.  Me personally, I'd get the vax but I'm not anti-vax.  Since you trust your DO she may have some reasonable suggestions.  Sorry you have to worry about this. I used to buy those all the time. 
DH made super yummy cheeseburgers and we were too lazy to make sides so we each had two cheeseburgers with loads of toppings.  Tomorrow we eat out at a Greek restaurant using a groupon I have and the pork shoulder is defrosting for crock pot on Sunday. Have a great weekend!
  Thank you! That will be Sunday's meal. 
I made the Shrek noodles tonight - thank you for that idea.  Broccoli, tomato, and carrot salad on the side. Pretty nutritious.  I'm loving this thread!
Hi,  Can you tell me more about this? What else did you add? I have a pork shoulder in the freezer from a share of a pig I bought. I didn't really enjoy most of the pork we got, there is a different kid of taste to it that just doesn't work for me. I gave away some cuts but still have one pork shoulder left. Not really looking forward to it but.......can't waste it. Getting a 1/2 pig seemed like a good idea at the time.    Tonight we had an "epic salad", which is what my...
Hi! Been checking in on this thread for good ideas, but haven't participated. Last night we had enchiladas filled with sauteed zucchini, bell peppers, olives, and diced chicken which was the last to come off the roaster I made Sunday. I topped it with warm sauce made of half-n-half and salsa with a rue base which I got from Beyond the Moon cook book. Tonight we are having salad and pizza topped with the rest of the black olives and probably more bell...
I think ignoring them is a fine idea. I have a friend who just politely tells people that she limits her interactions on facebook. Another thing to keep in mind though is that you can control who sees what. So if you end up with a "friend" that you don't want to see some details, you can block them from seeing pictures or updates. I do this with certain family members. 
I like it but I've learned a few things over the years on it and I'm now very mindful of what I'm posting. I stick to the rule of not posting anything I wouldn't want my employer/colleague/grandma to see. I pay close attention to my privacy settings. I have it set so that if someone tags me in a picture, I have to approve it before it shows up on my timeline. I don't post pictures of other peoples' kids without permission and I generally don't tag people without...
We just went to a wedding with kids and it was a great time. It was awesome because it was on a ranch so the kids had so much space to have fun.    I will say that I have been to weddings where the kids aren't really watched by parents (can't blame them) and that can be a bit of an issue.    We had a child-free wedding, except for babes-in-arms, and honestly I am always surprised when the discussion comes up and people just can't understand why people do so. I...
Maybe I'm jaded, but I don't like the term "happy marriage". I feel like there are just too many emotional factors other than happy. To me, I think a healthy marriage is built from mutual respect and a commitment to honesty.   I also think the willingness to look for outside help when necessary is key - whether it be family, friends, clergy, therapist. I know several women struggling in their marriages who say their husband won't go to the couples counseling....