or Connect

Posts by Hoopin' Mama

I think you should go talk to your SIL. Tell her know how long you were set on that name, how you dropped so not to upset her. You can name your boy what you'd like, and maybe the rest of the family can refer to him as his nickname at family functions if that makes it easier. But - do you live in the same town and will they go to the same schools/church/organized activities? Because your son may not like having the exact same name as his same-age cousin if that's the...
Here's my guess - (some) people soften at the sight of the beautiful innocence of youth and long to connect. Or maybe even sometimes a subconscious blessing of sorts or a subconscious protective instinct over the youngest in our society.   I like it, provided it doesn't make the child uncomfortable.  
I'm going to offer a different perspective here. The child is your nephew and not a rabid animal brought to family functions. I can't imagine a family member, or even a friend, yelling at me from another room to come take care of MY child while they are sitting right there. Surely there was a solution somewhere between not doing a single thing and spanking him? I'm not trying to be harsh, I realize it is challenging to be around this family, and I have no idea what it's...
We have 2012 Outback and I think the gas mileage is really good.
You should say nothing unless asked for your advice. It's not your baby, your body or your birth. It is simply not your business to inform others what they should be doing.  
I think you should calm down about this. I've had a child and a puppy pee in my bed. You clean thoroughly with water and vinegar. The bedding soaks much of it up. I am meticulous about smells and a hygienic house. It's not as bad as all that. 
I'm sure I must have been worried but somehow it worked. His head hit that floor on several other occasions when learning to walk and it makes a horrifying sound. The bed came with the husband :) and we didn't actually have a cosleeping plan prior to birth. We had a bassinet plan. Baby told me that wasn't going to work out.   I think another solution might be to set up the cosleeper for added safety even if they sleep in the bed but I couldn't afford a cosleeper.   The...
Because it provides easier access to scorpions. Because I was not going to disassemble my antique sleigh bed with no place to put it, and no place to put the stuff stored underneath.  Because my ceramic tile floor is ice cold in the winter and I would prefer to have space between us and the floor.  Because I simply didn't want to. My baby never fell out of bed even when crawling on it.  One solution is to tuck the edge of a blanket underneath you, wrap the...
It expires on 12/31. We changed foods before it came in the mail. If you'd like it and live in the United States, I will mail it to you. PM me your address. 
I know how you feel.  I was always au natural, no hair styles, no makekup, in standard sensible clothing in earth tones. Then in my late 30's I started feeling invisible and frumpy. I grew my hair long and now I cover my grays, wear feathers in my hair, and wear colorful designs. I started using foundation more frequently and I've kept up on my exercise. I've realized that embracing these things doesn't make me "vain". I've also done a lot of mindfulness work and...