or Connect

Posts by Hoopin' Mama

They may be a "private" group but they use public buildings to hold their meetings - like my son's public elementary school where they also recruit. So I have to face the organization often and have to remind my son why we can't join.
I'm so sorry. I would be livid. I wonder if telling your little guy that you have taken the steps to make sure that this never happens again is a good idea? I like reinforcing with DS that I am always on his side when it comes to safety and security.  
He listens to what we listen to and he attends music festivals and shows with us. However, I don't listen to much pop or rap so I don't come up against too much of - what I consider - to be inappropriate content. That definition will vary among parents though.   We also have the kids' channel on satellite radio.  
Thanks for your response.  I think I'm going to eliminate pads altogether. She's only peed once inside today and peed and pooped outside many times. Ds is being really good about tending to her, hope that lasts. She did soil her crate last night, but it was her first night after a very stressful day. I fed her in her crate today so hoping that starts to stick.    Last night she slept with my son for a bit. I took her out to potty and then brought her to my bed. She...
Yes, I keep saying next week will seem so much easier.    She came with the name of Macy.    Both puppies are now sleeping peacefully. Of course. And I'm all caffeinated and can't nap.   I know people on here hate it when puppies are compared to babies, and I used to think it annoying myself. But there really is one other time in my life where I felt like this......worried about how anyone is going to get any sleep tonight :)   She's so sweet. We needed...
Hi,    I know this should go in the Pets forum but I don't think there's a lot of traffic there and mostly I just want to chat about this. I don't really need advice.    We are puppy sitting for 10 days. The pup's first couple of days with us were hard but by day 3 she settled into something that was starting to look manageable.   We've also been looking for our own puppy. We found "the one" yesterday. Figured since we were already in puppy mode may as well...
We adopted a 3 month old dog today! She's so sweet. I was able to speak at length with her foster mom. She has been paper trained in a playpen. I would like to crate train asap. Any ideas how to make this transition easiest for her? I don't know if I should go slow or pull the paper cold turkey. We bought a small package of puppy mats and used two so far. I haven't put a third one down. I haven't seen her pee outside at all.    She's had quite a day. The last of her...
Yes, and I actually regret that I used the term genital mutilation in my post. I used it to make a point and because I know that's how it's often spoken of here. But do I say to a friend Oh, you genitally mutilated your son? Uh, no. That would make me a jerk. Okay, back on topic, I promise.     I do think the problem is the way people feel free to talk to/harshly judge others around here. Perhaps if people used their words they way they do when speaking to someone in...
About the bolded - yes, obviously. But it's still here and kind of crappy.  Also, there's a lot of hateful garbage on the internet, but I'm talking about MDC.
I don't need to hang out here very much as I made my informed decision and I"m not too concerned about what others do.  I'm not sure what the issue is about too many subforums so I didn't vote. I would just like to point out the fact that there are a couple posters hanging around who have no problem implying that vaxing is akin to genital mutilation, leaving a crying baby in distress, or just plain child abuse perfectly illustrates that this forum is a hostile...