or Connect

Posts by willfulmama

25% off the Little Acorn's Spring Festivals e-book with the coupon GreenSeeds44.   Good through the 18th,
My husband and I discussed who we felt most comfortable as guardians to our sons if something were to happen to both of us. After we decided, we had talk with my parents (who we chose as guardians) to make sure they would be willing to raise them. We are not planning to talk to any of our other family members about our decision - our sons are ours and we feel we've made the best decision we could. I think that talking to my brother, SIL or ILs about our decision could...
I've never, ever had problems with my teeth until recently.   I have had two boys in three years and I'm still nursing both which I'm wondering couldn't be some of the causes of the problems I'm experiencing but basically, I have several cavities that need filling (my first!) and some tooth decay issues.    In reviewing the factors that may be contributing to the problems, nursing/being pregnant is really the only huge change over the last few years. Admittedly,...
I just wanted to echo the sentiments here. There are plenty of vegetarian/no-vaxx families. Our local Waldorf school, Emerson, has a terrific community of parents and teachers and throughout the year, holds multiple events that are open to the rest of the community as well. (The sense of community @ Emerson is one of the primary reasons why we're considering sending my son there next year. He was accepted - we just need to figure out if it's financially feasible...
Hello and welcome to NC! I'm sure there are others closer to Raleigh who can recommend nearby doctors for your children. We're in Durham and see Dr. Vines in Hillsborough. We absolutely LOVE him - even though he's a 20 minute drive west for us.  If driving that far from Raleigh wouldn't bother you,I can't say enough great things about him.     Either way, I hope you find someone your whole family loves! 
I second the Veganomicon. It's my most-turned-to vegan cookbook. I also have her cookbook "The Vegan Brunch" which, honestly, disappointed me a little. I was looking to increase our breakfast menu a  little but I found that a good number of the recipes called for soy, which we try to minimize. The "Veganomicon," though, has plenty of variety and everything we've tried has been really tasty. :)
I agree with WednesdayO 100%! My oldest son just got accepted to Emerson for the nursery program next fall and we couldn't be more excited. The school is wonderful and there's a great sense of community there.   There are also plenty of Waldorf-inspired home-based nursery programs as well and a strong homeschooling community, if you go that route.    As WednesdayO pointed out, the cost of living in Chapel Hill is fairly high, there are surrounding areas that are...
How about Bach's flower essences? There's the ever-popular Rescue Remedy which is a combination of several essences, but they also make separate flower essences for specific moods/feelings: http://www.bachflower.com/original-bach-flower-remedies/
Currently...   12/30 - Grocery shopping, budgeted $125 was hoping to get it under $100, but we got to $102.03. Not bad for a week of groceries + dog food. 12/31 - No spend! 1/01 - No spend! 1/02-  No spend!   Making chili and cornbread for dinner tonight. The winter is such a great time to eat well inexpensively -- soups, stews, chilis. I love it!   kathirynne - Do you have any tips for going to the grocery store just once a month? It came up on another...
Who Am I?   I'm a WAHM to two boys - my oldest is 2 years old and the youngest is 2 months. My work-from-home job is awesome - I've got a super cool job at a really great company and being able to stay home to watch my boys is absolutely priceless. The flip side of that, though, is my job is actually sort of stressful and it sometimes does not help to try typing around a toddler. :)   Where Am I Going?    As I mentioned above, it seemed like an appropriate...