or Connect

Posts by willfulmama

Congrats, Oki! It must have been ultrasound day yesterday--I had my one (and only) early yesterday morning!   I had a nice weekend but boy am I excited to get back to a normal rhythm around here. No one did any cleaning on Mother's Day and yesterday, our appointment was early and I switched my work schedule around so I could still work a full day. I didn't finish work until late and DH didn't really do that much around the house.. I am ready for a regular boring old...
Oki, I hope yesterday was better for you. I think we've all had days like those--when you feel like you're trying to fight a hopeless war.    Bejeweled, glad to hear DD was feeling better!   So far today I've:   -dried load of clothes -taken a bath (woo!) -made breakfast -made coffee -made bread -made oat-nut scones -vacuumed the living room -cleaned up the porch. again. -vacuumed the nursery -cleaned the laundry area (scrubbed...
I've got a toddler, a hairy dog and two cats. I SWEAR by our Dutch Rubber broom - they're awesome! (We have the "as seen on TV" one, I think.) Anyway, the rubber bristles on the broom capture pet hair better than anything else I've tried and the best part is that it doesn't fly around and float elsewhere. We have a felt cover that we use with it when we want to use it as a mop.
Good morning, everyone. I hope your DD is feeling better today, bejeweled.     I hope to:   -yoga! -dust nursery -fold diapers -wash load of clothes -vacuum living room -sweet kitchen/dining room -clean toilet upstairs -make dinner -work -clean up kitchen     Misc. Hopeful To-Dos for the Week:   -clean out the fridge -vacuum under living room furniture -cast on diaper soaker for #2 -organize pantry -clean kitchen...
Good morning!   So far today I've:   -made coffee     I hope to:   -dry diapers -fold laundry -work -make dinner -yoga! -dust nursery -straighten living room -cleaned master bathroom toilet -straightened bedroom -fold diapers -load/run dishwasher   Misc. Hopeful To-Dos for the Week:   -clean out the fridge -vacuum under living room furniture -cast on diaper soaker for #2 -organize pantry -clean kitchen...
Oh, let's see. So far today, I've:   -unloaded the dishwasher -made coffee -started work -wrote out debt snowball  -dried diapers   I hope to:   -vacuum upstairs -fold laundry -fold diapers -wash load of clothes -make dinner -make bread -go grocery shopping? -finish work -make bed -clean master bathroom sink -dust bedroom -dust living room -cleaned (REALLY cleaned) kitchen counters -cleaned front of...
I think you can add them to soup and cook them like any other green. They're very nutritious!   If I had a bunch of nettles, though, I'd tincture them or infuse them--nettles are great for seasonal allergy sufferers.
Happy Monday, everyone!   My list is short and sweet for today. Our neighbors have been out of town because they're adopting a baby! They're due back here either tomorrow or Wednesday so we plan to mow their grass and give their house a good cleaning as soon as I've off work today. As long as that gets done, I'll feel like it's been a good day. :)  
I've missed a lot.   Congrats on your job, bejeweled! How many hours a week will you be working?   Katie, how did your playdate go? I'm trying to find some for my son. Since I WFH and care for him all day, we don't always get out so much.   Oki, I hope your kids behave better today and that your appointments goes better for you than the last one.   So far today, I've:   -made bread -folded two loads of laundry -run the dishwasher -paid...
I've been following this thread for awhile but haven't yet jumped in. But! I wanted to say I love the idea of dandelion infused massage oil. I've been looking for different things to do with some of the dandelions and leaves in our yard (until the fall when I dig up some roots) and this sounds perfect. Thanks for the great idea. :)