or Connect

Posts by JacksonsMom

My 5-year-old son and his 4-year-old friend (next door neighbors) were following both moms (me and the neighbor) in between houses today. We were saying goodbyes at my home and out of the corner of my eye I saw the boys go out to our deck. This is normal. About two minutes later, we wandered out to bring our boys in and get them to their respective homes. They were GONE. We checked in every nook and cranny of both houses, wandered the neighborhood up and down, enlisted the...
My five-year-old son has had trouble with constipation since he started eating solid food. We tried all sorts of diet changes to start, with no success. So we moved to Miralax, and he'd been taking a daily dose of that for quite a while. And it helped for quite a while. But it's not helping anymore. About three weeks ago I started giving him Benefiber for Children. It was seeming to work for the first two weeks, but now he's all stopped up again. He's been miserable...
I want to THANK ALL OF YOU for your information, advice, and stories about your own sons. My husband and I read through all of them again and again. Just to answer a few recurring questions: How was the original infection diagnosed? By sight or did he do a culture? Jack's pediatrician did a culture--there was a puslike substance coming from his penis and she cultured it. It was positive for bacteria. She did say that was very rare to see a bacterial infection at...
Hi. My four-year-old son Jack is intact and because of a bacterial infection in his penis that was diagnosed on New Year's Eve, we took him to a pediatric urologist today. He had an ultrasound and a VCUG done. (The VCUG was horrible. My baby was very brave.) Then we saw the urologist and (after being very respectful and thorough with answers to our questions) he said Jack had phimosis and recommended circumcision. He said most boys are able to fully retract their foreskin...
OH. MY. GOSH. What a story. I send all the hugs I can muster your way. Three ideas went through my mind while reading your post. I don't know if they'll be helpful but here you go: 1. Your husband. Is there an end to his 100% traveling? If I put myself into your shoes, the first thing I think of is sitting my husband down and saying THIS IS NOT WORKING. Can he alter his work schedule so that he is home, ever? I wanted to scream IT'S NOT FAIR! when I read about your...
Maybe establishing a pattern is a good thing. My 3-year-old son naps in our bed, and I lay down with him, read a book, and then he turns on his side and I rub his back. He's usually out in 3-5 minutes. Works every time! It's also a nice time to just let the world stop so I can BE with him for a few minutes, you know? Whatever you decide to try, good luck--I say there's NOTHING needed more at this age than sleep!
Thank you for sharing all of your experiences. I am very encouraged to know it CAN be done! I can't believe I forgot about our 22-pound cat, Niko--he sleeps with us every night, too. Guess I just think of him as a permanent part of the bed, like a pillow or a sheet--he's just always there. He'll need to make room for one more too because we're going to give it our best try. I know I would regret it if we didn't. Cosleeping is the BEST. With these tips I know we can find a...
My husband and I have co-slept with our three-year-old since he was born. We were planning on transitioning him to his own bed when we became pregnant again--and here we are, pregnant again! But what I'm realizing now is that I don't WANT to transition our son to his own bed (and I don't think he wants it, either). But FOUR in a bed? We have a king-size bed but it's kinda cramped as is... Any tips from family-of-four (or more!) co-sleepers out there? I sure could use...
I have a 2 1/2 year old that sounds just like your little one. He is shy, and it takes a while for him to warm up to people he doesn't know well. My husband takes him to Kindermusic once a week. He didn't participate in any songs or games until the very last class! But he still looks forward to going. We call him "the great observer." He just takes it all in, and then shocks us with how much he knows about so many situations he's been in where there are lots of kids or...
I have made the leap from a diaper service to cloth diapering on my own. Yay! I purchased Indian prefolds from Whole Family Market: http://wholefamilymarket.com/Indian-...s-p-1-c-6.html I washed them three times before using them and they are NOT as absorbent as I thought they'd be. How many times should they be washed before they become reliable? And I suppose I'm asking this a little too late but... has anyone used this brand of cloth diaper, and have you been...