or Connect

Posts by dyani

these are cute! my 19 month old says "lemon" for grapes!
thanks for the replies! i think he is ready for a change as well.  the past 2 nights he will not fall asleep in bed like usual.  he wants to go out to the couch & nurse & then spends his first hour(s) asleep there! so it looks like this weekend we'll be setting up his room w/ a mattress on the floor...wish me luck!
ds is 18 months old, still nursing, still cosleeping.  lately he has been miserable to share a bed with.  he has never been a good sleeper & has NEVER slept through the night.  for awhile he was going 4-5 hours in the begining of the night & then waking every 2-3 hours until we got up.  that i could tolerate.  now he is waking every 1-2 hours, wanting to get up in the middle of the night & flipping & flopping all over the place (& me!) for what feels like hours.  i am...
I have never cut my 17 month old's toenails.  His fingernails grow fast & sometimes kind of peel off before I get a chance to cut them, but the toenails just stay the same.  I never thought too much about it.  
sassyfirechick- thanks for the info.  i am not convinced this is NOT a vaccine reaction.
thanks.  he's usually bouncing off the furniture, so to see him like this is hard.
my 16 month old developed a fever last night of 103.4.  he seemed fine, a little fussy, so i gave ibuprofen & it came down to 101ish.  he felt great & slept well last night.  this morning it was still 101ish so i did not treat it.  he was very fussy & lethargic a little later so we went to the dr.  it was 104 there.  she thinks its a virus, BUT he did get his chicken pox & mmr vaccine 1 week ago....his temp has gone down to 101 & he's been sleeping at my boob all...
Anyone have any suggestions on getting my 1 year old to stay in bed a little longer?  He goes to bed around 7 pm in his crib in our bedroom.  He wakes 2-4 hours later & I bring him into our bed.  He wakes 2-4 more times throughout the night & by around 4 am he is trying to climb over me to get out of bed.  Sometimes I can nurse him & get him to sleep an hour or so longer, but not always.  When we get up he seems tired still & is pretty cranky until he takes his morning...
no, he's not all the way asleep when i put him down.  i nurse him in my bed and then move him to his crib.  he usually flops around for awhile and even stands up a few times before settling down.  i pat his back or hug him and stay next to the crib til he falls asleep. i know he needs to learn to go back to sleep on his own, its just so easy to nurse him whenever he starts to wake up.   some nights are better than others, but he just won't sleep for more than 2...
i've seen quite a few posts recently about 9/10 month olds not sleeping well.  mine is the same!  he's 10.5 months & for the past 3 weeks he's not sleeping more than 2 hours at a time at night & nursing each time. (he's never been a great sleeper & has never come close to sleeping through the night)  i am exhausted & my nipples feel like he's a newborn all over again!  we cosleep, but he moves and flops around soooo much at night we started making the transition to his...