or Connect

Posts by LoveChild421

The absolute quickest meal that I can think is to swing by the store and pick up an already cooked rotisserie chicken (usually $4 or $5 for a whole chicken) and salad fixings and make a salad.  Or if you don't eat meat, substitute nuts or alternate protein source.  
Salmon Patties and baked sweet potatoes.   -Wrap the potatoes in foil wrap and throw sweet potatoes in the oven (on 400 or 425) before you start on the salmon patties (use small potatoes if you want it to be done quickly). -Preheat skillet on low-medium heat and add coconut oil (or butter or oil of your choice)  - Then mix together:  2 cans or packs of boneless, skinless salmon, 2 eggs, splash of milk (or water), and cornmeal (keep adding cornmeal until the mixture...
My boys are 6 and 8 years old and my goal is to start the bed-time process at 8pm on school nights.  It takes a while to get the book read, teeth brushes, go to the bathroom, say prayers, etc. so its usually around 8:45 when they are actually down for the night. On the weekend or vacations, I let them stay up a little later.
I work one job that is 20 hours per week outside of the home and I also teach online college courses (which I can do at home after the kids to to bed in my PJs).  I find that is all I am able to do.  I also have a child with special needs, so that is a huge factor in my career choices.  I, like most of you all here, work simply to pay the bills and have the most basic sense of financial stability.  I don't have a secret recipe for work-life balance, but here is what works...
It really depends on the personality and maturity level of the child, if they are the predictable or who knows what they might do type of child.  Also, if you have good child safety locks you know they can't pick, and how big your home is, etc.  My boys are 8 and 5, we have 3 different types of locks on our doors (including a door knob that is child proof and darn near adult proof).  I know my boys are fine if they get up in the morning and get themselves some juice and a...
If a friend of mine and I are discussing it, I will mention how I never had to get up during the night with my babies because they slept in the bed with me and all I had to do was roll over, lift my t-shirt and latch them on, no getting up to get a bottle, or give the baby the bottle.  I tell them how I never had to worry about planning (which I'm terrible at) whenever we were going to go somewhere because there is no need to figure out how many bottles to take, etc when...
A clean house and some sexy lingerie
I have been there too.  I have had close friends who suddenly get to busy to connect or friends who move away and just lose touch.  I feel like I am "picky" by nature in terms of who I decide to establish close friendships with, but I am fairly good at making friends so I have a circle (mostly moms from my church or work).  I feel that upon reflecting on myself, I have been part of the problem.  Sometimes I judge to quickly and I am working on developing more compassion...
Withdrawal :)  I know it sounds insane, but it has worked for us for 5 years.  We aren't opposed to having another if an "accident" occurs.  
Just read your update and it looks like you made the best decision for you and your family!  Yes, running a household and squeezing in some time to exercise and be healthy is a full-time job even with kids in school.  My kids are also in public school and thriving. :)