or Connect

Posts by LoveChild421

When ds1 completely stops paying attention to a toy for weeks I move it into our storage area. There are some toys he LOVES (his beanie babies, books, and play dough) and plays with every day. I just keep them in a big toy box and have him help me clean them up at the end of the day (which was a long process to teach him and suddenly he started doing it). The snow shovel is a good idea! I need to do a storage sweep right now actually, he has a bunch of little people...
Congrats! What an accomplishment!
I felt the same way during my first son's pregnancy after having experienced a miscarriage the year before. It's hard but try and do your best to just relax and visualize things working out well. Do everything you can to relax and make your body a comfortable place for your baby to make its home for the next 9 months. Talk to your baby. I found a lot of comfort in talking to my son, telling him how much I wanted him and that I wanted him to stay with me. That...
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowLark Okay, what if you don't have an official diagnosis or Medicaid? And what if it's still EI because your son is 2 years old? The EI people said that I could only get services from one place - through them or going private. Does it vary by State? And which form is it that you do/don't sign? There were a million, and we signed them all. We actually just got an info packet from Easter Seals, and I'm going to ask...
We decided to go the diagnosis route when we found out that once diagnosed, he would qualify for disability (SSI), medicaid, etc. This means he can get twice the speech therapy, twice the OT, and any other therapies his Dr. signs off on. The school system is required to provide a certain amount of ST and OT through his IEP but I like being able to get the max amount of services for him as possible. It is important to know that you don't have to sign for the school...
Quote: Originally Posted by Graces_Mommy Thank you for telling me about what can be diagnosed. I will be curious to see what the lady from Early steps suggests. We've been down the same road, we saw the Early Intervention program first. I will tell you what I wish someone had told me at the time I was getting the EI program going for my son- go ahead and schedule an appt. with a developmental pediatrician or university program who can do a...
I keep a gallon of bottled water (I buy reverse osmosis purified) on hand to use for ds2's bottles (I also supplement). No need to boil water that has been purified. I don't like to use tap water or brita filtered water because I can taste the chlorine in both. If you're going to be out for a while, just fill your bottles with water and take the can of powder along and mix a bottle up when she needs one. Ds2 takes a room temp. bottle just as well as a warm one.
I really think you need to file a complaint with the EI program and/or get a new SLP. An hour a week is so little anyway and when she gets there late and doesn't make up here time she is taking needed services away from your child. That isn't right. You may never get EI to agree to twice a week speech therapy but he should at least have the full hour they have agreed to. She sounds very unprofessional. Quote: Originally Posted by Logan's Mom The...
I highly recommend our ND (who uses homeopathy, herbs, and nutritional supplements)- Ricardo Boye, ND, CNC We have seen wonderful results with our son who has ASD and he also helped me out a lot with severe morning sickness. He is located in Gainesville which is about an hour north of Atlanta. (Take 85 north to 985 north) His office is in The Healing Arts Spa on Green Street www.spaongreenstreet.com
what does he do when she retaliates? Ds2 is only 7 months old so we don't know for sure if he is NT or not but I do wonder about this issue- ds1 already pinches ds2 so hard he leaves marks before I can get him away from him (he only does if every once in a while and always just out of the blue). My plan right now is that once ds2 is old enough to try and relatiate to basically let him, within reason. I'm not going to let them kill each other but if ds1 pinches or hits...