or Connect

Posts by LoveChild421

Thank you for the different perspectives and advice, I think I am going to wait to even consider the possibility of another child until I feel like things are totally calm and smooth sailing with my other two (I often feel overwhelmed with my two very active sons, one who has special needs).  I am passionate about my work as a children's counselor and want to at least work part-time.  I don't know if I could do it all with another baby right now, so I guess the official...
You are not alone!  I feel the same way, I would LOVE a third (my rowdy boys are 7 and 4), but more often than not I feel overwhelmed.  I am the financial provider in our family and although dp has become more hands on as they have gotten older and he feels like they are fun to play with and take places, I still do most of the childcare.  I think it is very much a biological thing, my body is healthy and I'm still in my 20s, if I lived in an extended family situation...
Thank you, that is exactly the advice I needed, that at some point I will have the answer and feel at peace with it.  That I can ponder the prospect of a 3rd for the next 5 years if I want and not be "crazy" for doing so, because that is where my intuition is leading me.  My mother and grandmother both had 2 kids and are always harping on how anyone who has more than two kids is "insane" or doing their kids a disservice, being selfish, etc.  My mom has boundary issues...
You would likely qualify for a USDA or HUD loan, you would need to contact a real estate agency to help you because HUD and USDA eligible houses fly off the market so fast that often they are never even listed or posted with a sign out front.  My friend recently got a USDA loan and there are a lot of perks, no down payment, low interest rate, etc.  We owner financed our house and it has been well worth the slightly higher interest rate because we are paying half the...
Hi, you may not normally qualify for medicaid or government health insurance due to too high income, but the income limits change if you are pregnant.  I normally have too high an income to qualify, but when I was pregnant I did qualify for Medicaid through the Right from the Start Medicaid program.  Apply again at DFACS office and see what they say to do after that.  There are usually other programs through the local health department that are discounted if you don't...
In terms of overpopulation issues, there are multiple perspectives to consider on that issue and conflicting research on the long-term effects of lower or higher birthrates.  Nonetheless, we have considered adding a 3rd through domestic adoption or foster-to-adopt programs.  In some ways, I think my family would give me more "you're crazy" comments over that I think.
Wisdom needed!  Been there done that needed!  I'm not sure either feedback much appreciated.   So did you listen to your head, heart, spirit, religious beliefs, friends, family, husband, etc. when it comes to your family size and are you happy with your decision overall?   I am just feeling stuck in fear of all the "I told you so" moments (mainly from my own mind and my mother) if we decide to have a 3rd child.  I know that we won't have any more kids until my...
Yes sounds like selective mutism or social anxiety to me.  He may do better in a class with fewer students if it is social anxiety.
I think it really depends on the gender of the child (girls seem to be getting more sexualized messages about how they should look, being sexy, etc at a young age while I don't see that at all in my sons, there are not even any sexualizing clothes for boys like you see at large department stores that are for little girls.  Also it would depend on what kind of limits the family has on media exposure (we do not have cable TV, but allow our kids to watch DVDs we buy them or...
Haven't read all replies, but wanted to give you some info in case no one else posted similar.  My son has autism and we have found that the best thing for him is for him to not eat in the lunchroom but rather bring his lunch back to the classroom and eat.  We had this accomodation written into his IEP plan.  The best thing is to have the school do a FBA (functional behavior analysis) to determine what is setting him off and making a plan to not overload him from a...