or Connect

Posts by sparkprincess

Thanks for replying! I haven't had an ASI done, that I know of?? and I'm probably not going to simply because my naturopath isn't one for lots of tests and I really don't want to go back to the MD. I'm going to keep on keeping on and see how I feel.   So glad to hear your diet recommendations. That's how I prefer to eat anyway, but I obviously don't want to do more harm to my body. My ND has me on a couple of new things and then I'll see her again in March. We'll see how...
No advice, just support! My first birth was 42 hours long and was everything short of a c-section. I'll spare you the details, but it was long and totally now what I'd planned/wanted. My second childbirth was totally different!! It was super fast and perfect in every way! Births are as individual as babies themselves! I hope you get everything you want with baby number 2!!
My youngest son is 6 years old. He's never had a "lovey" and really isn't attached to any toys or stuffed animals. He did have a plastic wand that he carried everywhere for about a year before losing, but he didn't seem very upset when it was gone. His problem is with bigger items. For instance, our deck was a mess. We'd only lived in this home for a year when we decided to tear off the old deck and rebuild. He cried. It was kinda cute at the time. This weekend we...
Oh I wasn't trying to dissuade you! I do have a (single) friend who did GAPS while working full time. She would do all of her cooking for the week on Saturdays. So, it can be done! Just trying to be realistic. I hate when people push something or act like something is a cure-all.   The nice thing about intro is that you are limited on what you can eat so you are limited on what you can cook. If I could go back, I would have done some prepping before starting GAPS. I...
I wish I could tell you, for sure, what GAPS will do for you, but we are all individuals. I read an interesting blog post recently that reminded me that the reason GAPS is so effective is because it eliminates grains and starches which starves out bad yeast, bacteria, and parasites. Otherwise, even the healthiest of TF/WF diets is only going to take you so far. So something to consider.    I can't imagine how hard GAPS would be while working full-time. I'm guessing...
I just finished the thread and wanted to pop in and say hi and ask a couple of questions.   First off, my ND told me I have AF, sluggish thyroid, and low progesterone. She had me on various supplements for 8 weeks and her current recommendations are:   Digestive enzymes Probiotics Whole food vitamins Suma root Bupleurum Liver Cleanse Iodine drops Evening Primrose Oil/Flaxseed oil (two weeks of one, then two weeks of the other, back and forth)   My...
Did you ever figure this out? This sounds very familiar!!
Just wondering the same thing!
We're closing in on one year on GAPS. We were very, very strict for the first 9 months - even through the holidays. I just made sure to make my kids GAPS-friendly treats (including popsicles) and they never complained. After 9 months we started straying a bit here and there, but stick to GAPS at home. We also do Juice Plus and digestive enzymes.    I know digestive enzymes aren't necessary to healing - and not everyone can afford them - but since we've started them...
Awesome! Thank you so much!   It's good to hear it takes time. We all got sick this past week and I was really bummed. I think my expectations are too high, sometimes.   Happy Thanksgiving!