or Connect

Posts by sparkprincess

Do you guys do almond flour or coconut flour? There are a TON of awesome recipes out there with those ingredients, especially muffins and the like for breakfast. Muffins might make for a good breakfast and for a good on-the-road snack? You can do savory and sweet.
Thanks for the response! It's great hearing how this diet has helped others. We are on full GAPS right now and so are in that holding pattern. We've pretty much added in all that we can add, but aren't healed yet. Somehow it was easier when the diet was more restricted, but we always had something new to look forward to, ya know? I just have to have faith in the process, I guess, and realize it will take some time and that's okay.    I love the tip about juicing...
Okay, good! I know someone who has come through the diet, which is great, but it would be SO nice to talk to others who are going through it currently.   The whole family is doing GAPS. My husband, my two boys 8 and 5, and myself. I had a lot of allergies growing up and took tons of antibiotics and bcp prior to having my boys. I think my gut health was wrecked and I passed that onto him. I think my husband been fighting yeast issues for years and all of us tested...
I'm so glad to see this thread! Is everyone still on the diet? It looks like it's been a couple of months since the last post.   We've been on the diet for several months and are seeing improvements and are doing well, overall. I'd love to be able to keep up with others who are in the process.
I did the SB diet years ago when I needed to lose those last 10lbs post pregnancy. It worked and it seemed very healthy to me - I left artificial sweeteners out. I started the diet again after Christmas and successfully lost the holiday pounds I'd put on while on Phase 1, but I didn't have the willpower to successfully move to phase 2 like you're supposed to. Now I'm wanting to start back on Phase 1 and I know I need some more accountability! Anyone else interested?

Background: My almost 8yo ds is sensitive to dairy. When he was a baby/toddler, he had bad reflux and when he (or I) had dairy, it would cause him a lot of stomach pain. As he got older, we noticed that he could have dairy without any stomach issues, but it seemed to weaken his immune system slightly. When he would get a cold or sinus infection it would go to his chest and he couldn't kick it completely until we strictly eliminated dairy from his diet. I did an...
For us, right now, we want to rent. We live outside of St. Louis and the housing bubble was big here. We built a house right as the bubble was bursting. We spent $275k and then dropped $20k into if for landscaping. Not too smart. The housing market has decreased significantly here and experts say it will continue to decrease by 10%to25% over the next several years. Add to that the fact that food and clothing prices are rising and the instability (I believe ) of the US...
I don't think you are crazy at all OP. Or, if you are, we are too. Just 4 years ago, DH and I were your typical "I want the American Dream" types. We sold our perfectly fine house to build a different house and went all out on the options and the landscaping, etc, etc. Then a year ago we did a Dave Ramsey class in our church and it totally changed our minds about debt and not being "slaves" to lenders. We knew things had to change.   Fast-forward to now and we have...
My sister and I just transferred a bunch of red wheat berries from 25lb bags to mylar bags. I started sneezing my head off right away. Eyes itching, throat sore and scratchy, and a bit of difficulty breathing. I've searched around on the internet and read a bit about something called Bakers Allergy, but I don't know if that just means I shouldn't breath the wheat dust, or if I should not consume wheat, as well. I have some environmental allergies, but have never been...