or Connect

Posts by sparkprincess

Quote: Originally Posted by MPsSweetie So? Did they accept? I'm so excited! I love houses! They countered with $137,500.00 and no inspections. We went out to look at the house again because we've had a lot of rain and wanted to see what the basement looked like. Looked pretty good. We also made some calls to the city hall to ask what kind of inspections are needed. THEN, we were told that the ladies agreed to pay for the municipal and fire...
Quote: Originally Posted by fork I love that house. I would buy it in a hot second if I had any desire to live on a bunch of land. I love old houses, and that wallpaper is amazing, I would try to see if it could be cleaned up. I'm sure you have lovely wood floors under all of that ugly green carpet. That attic is so cute! As far as the bathroom being off of the master, are there any rooms off of the living room? I don't remember from the pictures,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Rebecca Usually it's the buyer who pays for the home inspection. It's required by the mortgage company (along with an appraisal). I would do it regardless if you want the house.. you need to know if it's full of bugs and an electrical firetrap or not. I'd take the attic and have dh work up there for now, until a suitable space can be built or rented in town. He'll need to get away from the kid noise and be able to focus. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by kittywitty I wouldn't do it. For that much land and that small a house, the price sounds really high. Are you near St.Louis? We were looking at houses to the south not to long ago and found some great ones for less than that. We currently have 4 kids in a house that size. It is terrible. Absolutely terrible. Plus one bedroom with any kids-especially more than one is a nightmare. They are constantly fighting over the...
We put in an offer and should know by 9pm tomorrow night. Here are some more pictures! House Thanks for all the input!
Quote: Originally Posted by annekevdbroek Actually, I think it is the siding on the hosue that is asbestos, not the roof. We had a house with the same siding. As long as you leave it alone it is no firable (I think that is the word - bits don't come off and fly aruond in the air and get in your lugs) and thus not something to worry about. However, if you plan to take an outside wall down then you do have to have abestos abatement. I think you...
Quote: Originally Posted by texmama I would think it's doable. Very cute too! I would consider insulating the garage, installing an ac unit, and having hubby use that for his office. Also, you could consider giving the kids the master, and taking the 2nd bedroom for yourself, that way they wouldn't have to go through your room to get to the bathroom. I like the idea of putting hubby in the garage. We are probably going to see how long we...
Quote: Originally Posted by avendesora I'd recommend looking into the zoning for it now. If you build yourselves a new house on the property in the future, will you be able to rent out the little house then? Or will zoning prohibit that? Very cute. What will you do with the land? Are you interested in trying a mini-farm? Aven It's already been subdivided. I think renting it out would be okay because the neighbor off to one side is a...
Quote: Originally Posted by bender Not to mention the roof is asbestos shingle. Replacing that can be expensive and require special haz-mat suits. I like the idea of a trailer or motor home for the office/teen room. Yeah, the asbestos scares me. Inside the house as well since there's a lot of old flooring and such. We'll see what the inspector says about that. Luckily, the house has been on the market for a long, long time so if we find...
We got to look through the house today and I love it! It is a tiny little house, but it has a lot of storage available between the outbuildings, the garage and the basement. My sister has laid claim to the attic. It's got two windows and a nice wood plank floor. It's very nice and clean. We would just need to insulate and install a window unit AC and she would be good to go! The only bathroom is off of the "master" bedroom so that will be thrilling, but I already...