or Connect

Posts by mennofied

I am still new to the Baby-Led Weaning approach of introducing solid foods at 6 months without pureeing anything (our baby is 6mo). One major problem I am having is with the in-laws and at our weekly church suppers. People have yanked food away from our 6 month old baby and said "That's Dangerous!!!" (green bean, banana) When they see him gag it only proves in their minds that this is dangerous! It's tempting to not feed him while we are with other people, or to spoon...
I was wondering if you swaddle? My baby is 5 months too and likes the woombie or the miracle blanket. Actually he hates them but it's what soothes him to sleep. She could try swaddling him, feeding, and then patting his back while she lays next to him like you would for nursing on the bed (Even better if your baby will use a paci, mine won't). My baby seems to really respond to this if I let go and relax with him. If I'm keyed up just waiting for him to take a nap it's...
What do you do to turn things around when you or your kids are having a bad day and have reached the end of your rope?   My husband works long hours so I don't have much help and sometimes I'm just really drained, you know? So far I've found that taking a nap with my baby, or while he watches a movie in the swing if I'm really desperate, can be a huge turn around for me. A nap is not always an option though. What have you found to be helpful?
I am a new mom so this is a great thread for us! I will be writing a lot of these down!   I can my own beans so we usually have plenty of beans around. I slice up some smoked sausage and while that's frying, plop the beans in a pan. Add brown sugar, onion flakes, garlic, salt, ketchup and mustard and it's "baked beans." If I'm feeling a little more nutritious I throw some greens in a pan with balsamic vinegar too.   I also keep stir fry veggies in the freezer. If...
  Yeah! I love having help keeping the floors clean! Our dog has learned the sound of spit up and comes running to do his job!
Oh, this is fun! It would be so nice to not have to worry about money! I would continue being a SAHM. I think Hubby would quit his job and start a handmade boat business that never sold any boats because he would want to keep them all, but it wouldn't matter because we'd be rich! We would set aside some money for our children's future, and their children's future, and the needy. Then, as much as I dream about fixing up this house, there would be no reason to live here...
Oh yes, our dog is going to love having a little toddler running around sharing food! He already follows him around waiting for him to spit up his curds and whey!   I'm also having a lovely time trying to keep the babies hands from poking our pets in the butt. He's aiming for the tail but you know how well babies reach for things! I can see this is going to be a fun stage!   Not sure if I'll be able to convince hubby to take shoes off at the door but next time I get...
Okay, I'd like to think I'm not a germaphobe, but it really freaked me out today when I saw my 5 month old licking the floor! I mean, we walk on those floors with the same feet/paws that walk through grease stained parking lots, grocery stores, hospitals, schools, public bathrooms, and fertilized pesticide sprayed fields. I'm usually of the mind set that germ exposure builds a healthy immune system but seeing him licking the floor just grossed me out! And then, of course...
I have different experiences with this with different babies.   Some babies reverse cycle, and sleep most of the day, content to go up to 10 hours with no intake. They are just as healthy and fine as babies who sleep through the night, but their mother's pay the price when baby wants to nurse all night. More frequently a baby will be content to go about 4 hours without their mother or any intake. This is normal too and the baby will make up for it later. (Reverse...
My baby was extremely gassy because I had oversupply/forceful letdown issues. Not only was he a constant rumble butt, but he had to be burped several times after a feeding, and he'd still spit up gobs of breastmilk. He was extremely fussy and colicky at first but after about 6 weeks I guess he got used to it or we figured each other out. Block feeding helped a lot with oversupply/letdown issues as well. I tried those gas drops too and honestly I'm not sure if they helped...