or Connect

Posts by pamplona

People may be thinking about the poop in the water factor...
Oh man re: night stuff! Just posted a longer reply to you in the Toddler forum. My daughter nurses a few times a day, but I night weaned her just after she turned two. But she still rarely STTN, so I can relate to the lack of sleep not helping. Hope things start to get better/easier soon!
Thanks so much for your helpful reply!! I am also in a helping profession and often praised for patience - funny! In contrast to your experience, today's primary violent meltdown occurred outside in a peaceful setting in our backyard, so outdoors does not seem to deter the behavior in my case. I have also not been successful with locking/closing myself in a room, as you mentioned helps your son. My daughter just tries to damage things in the house and/or get on the...
my daughter turns three in June. she has always been super spirited, and has been physically aggressive towards other kids and her parents since about 18 months (or maybe earlier - don't remember).   as she gets bigger and stronger, i'm having trouble figuring out how to best help/contain her when she lashes out at me and DH. she is in a particularly tough phase of hitting, scratching, pinching, biting and kicking DH and i currently.   our current strategy is to...
my daughter turns three in June. she has always been super spirited, and has been physically aggressive towards other kids and her parents since about 18 months (or maybe earlier - don't remember). as she gets bigger and stronger, i'm having trouble figuring out how to best help/contain her when she lashes out at me and DH. she is in a particularly tough phase of hitting, scratching, pinching, biting and kicking DH and i currently. our current strategy is to hold her...
just wondering what others' thoughts are on how you decide about your kids' consumption of "vices" such as sweets and screen time.    my DD is 2.5, and i started allowing a small amount of screen time (ipad apps and tv) right around age 2.  she currently sees about 1-1.5 hours of total screen time a week - spread out as 15-30 minutes a day, a few days a week.   i'm a bit of a health nut for the most part, but have also started allowing something sweet...
She is happy to pee or poop in pants w/o underwear, unfortunately. Only a buck naked bottom makes her prefer the potty these days. Thanks for the good suggestion, though!
update - three nights now of DD opting to sleep in her own bed/room all night.  NOT expecting this to last, but the uninterrupted sleep has been amazing!!!   thanks for the responses everyone - it's been helpful to hear more about your experiences of a typical age range.
Mine has had major regression since I posted earlier in the thread. While she had been 100% pee trained for a few months and partially poop trained, she now pees and poops in her pull up much of the time. Underwear doesn't help - she just pees and poops in it, and couldn't care less. And having her help clean wet/poopy underwear doesn't help her either. The only thing that works for her is having her naked from the waist down, which I do whenever we're home. Then she's...
Thanks! Her first appt went really well today, and all fingers crossed for good results! I'll be so so psyched if we can avoid more antibiotics and tubes for ear infections.