or Connect

Posts by Shanon Mellan

Thank you so much for your kind words. I hope that she knows how much I love her! It's hard sometimes, being a single parent. I have trouble dealing with my frustration at times, and then I feel HORRIBLE if ever I express it towards her. But most of the time she is a smiling, happy baby =) Thank you so much <3 It's so odd, because even though I KNOW I did the right thing and that I am a good mother, I still have trouble getting over missing that, not being there for...
  Wow. You're story just totally blew me out of the water. I am so touched by what you had to go through - it makes me feel incredibly grateful that I never had to deal with anything that extreme, at least in the relationship department. And thank you for your advice, and your hopeful words. Maybe one day the right man will show up for me, but that's not even really something I'm looking for at this point. I enjoy being a single mother for the most part - except for the...
I haven't been able to come back here for a few days, so to return and see so many positive posts is overwhelming. once again you've all reduced me to tears, but that is not a bad thing. It is helpful to hear that so many other woman faced similar situations. It's really hard to relate to my friends in real life because I don't know a SINGLE one who had to have a c-section. Let alone one who had to have a c-section and be put under general. Not to mention being single and...
I can relate, completely. Although I did not plan a homebirth, I did plan a vaginal hospital birth. The idea of a c-section had not even occured to me. After all, I had to go back to school 3 weeks after my LO was due - I couldn't afford to have a c-section! But an emergency one I did have, sadly. My story will be up as soon as the moderators approve it - darn being new! However I can relate. I feel like I don't fit in sometimes, any time that the birth stories...
I posted this in another area of this forum, but I'd like to share it here too, if only to get some advice and input from mothers who had a similar experience. --- I just turned 26 and I cannot get over the birth of my daughter. She turns 1 in May - almost an entire year since the day I met her - and yet every time I read a birth story or see a video or pictures, I bawl. I wasn't there. I wasn't there for her first breath, her first scream. I wasn't there to...
Thank you, all of you, for your kind words and support. I have read through all of the replies to this thread numerous times and have both laughed and cried. I am very grateful to hear confirmation that my feelings are valid - it's hard because I know I should just be happy that she is alive and healthy. Also none of my friends had to have emergency c/s let alone be put under,, so I don't have that relatable support in real life either. Getting it here is important to...
Thank you, this touched me. I never really thought of it that way, but it makes me feel a little more... reassured. <3
Thank you to all of you who are being supportive. To Alenushka - you have obviously never had a c-section, let alone one where you had to be put under general. I assure you, I am happy that my baby and I are alive. I am happy that we live in a country where medical services are available. I am grateful every single day for every breath that she takes and every moment I have with her.   That does NOT take away the profound sense of loss that I still feel - and,...
Our first cuddle     11 days old     11 days old     my darling now, at 10 months.   my darling now, at 10 months
I am 26 years old - today - and I still cannot get over the birth of my daughter. She turns 1 in May - almost an entire year since the day I met her - and yet every time I read a birth story or see a video or pictures, I bawl. I wasn't there. I wasn't there for her first breath, her first scream. I wasn't there to cuddle her or comfort her, or tell her that it was okay, the world wasn't as scary as it seemed. I wasn't the first one to hold her. Instead she had...