or Connect

Posts by lulubikes

Everyone does look amazing! I have been super uncreative with my photos. Maybe I should change that! I take them every week since I'm loving my belly and want to document it :) I don't post here every week, that seems too much. I love coming here and seeing everyone else's lovely bellies.   AlaskaAnne - I have a friend who is 6 wks behind me - so about 21 weeks and like you her belly is just peaking out. It will get there! You must have so much space in there for...
Hi Everyone - I love reading everyone's updates. I get overwhelmed making specific responses and am so impressed with those that do. But do know that I just read through all of this week's posts.   I too have been thinking about baby positioning. I've been doing inversions and pelvic tilts, and mayan abdominal massage. I can't seem to keep it up everyday though. I just hope that it all helps. This is my first baby so I have nothing to compare. I'm 27 weeks and this...
I'm super obsessed with making my own diapers and covers, LOL! I have only made one diaper and 2 covers so far! I have a bunch of old T-shirts and wool sweaters. Plan to do prefolds out of the tees and covers out of the sweaters. I knitted 2 wool soakers and have gotten some other wraps handed down and bought a few wool covers used, so that I'm actually covered for the early months. So if I don't get the prefolds made, I can just purchase some used ones or something. I...
Only 14 responses, where is everyone else?!   I thought I'd post a comment to move this to the top ;)
Welcome! I'm in a similar situation as you! I'm due November 28/December 1 depending on how you calculate. I also started in the November DDC and moved over here (a long time ago). It's my first baby so I expect to have it sometime in the beginning of December.    I love this group of mamas!
I have the crotch pillow and the front belly/tuck pillow. I had to increase the crotch pillow to 2 pillows stuffed in a pillow case, which really helped my hips. I found the 1 pillow by itself wasn't enough. This last week I started sleeping sort of more sitting because I was struggling with acid reflux at night. Now I think that is messing up my ribs... ugh. I find that the belly tuck pillow either is too much or too little making my side hurt. Then climbing out of the...
OK this is my friend's story, I don't think she'll mind my sharing this. On the topic of lesbians getting accidentally pregnant... I have some good friends who had been trying to get pregnant for over 6 months with known donor sperm. They had actually had his sperm tested last fall and found out he was sterile. They took a few months off and he did some things to boost his sperm count (less alcohol, smoking and underwear I think). They were debating whether to test again...
I haven't had much by strangers yet, but my mom, who is usually pretty cool keeps commenting on how big I am and how I keep getting bigger... Then my sister in-law said the same thing, you're getting bigger. My uterus is measuring perfectly, and we would be concerned if I wasn't getting bigger, right?
Kel - the gown is so cute!   I've been working on some of the repurposed t-shirt gowns. They are so cute too. I'm making them mostly as gifts for all the babies that other people are having. Although I have a few for this baby too :)
Hi Everyone -   I sometimes feel like I'm crashing - it is hard for me to always keep on the weekly thread... But I'm trying.   It sounds like there is a lot going on for everyone. I'm thinking about all of you and hope things even out a bit.   I want to comment a bit about Spinning Babies and her techniques. I took a workshop from Gail (the woman behind SB) in January. It was amazing I have to say. I think each person needs to decide what feels right for her...