or Connect

Posts by lulubikes

Mamaharrison - good reminders, thanks!   I want to share a conversation DH and I had the other day. He's an operating room nurse and has to regularly catheterize people. He had recently had to catheterize another old uncircumcised man at work and found the foreskin tight and dirty underneath. It's interesting, because he's generally fine not circumcising, but he gets concerned when he sees these situations. I said that I thought that was probably an unusual situation...
Tropicana - I totally agree! It is such a hard decision!   Mamabeakley - FWIW, the naturopath at the class we took was recommending against polio vac because it has been eliminated in the US. He said if you travel or if it popped back up in the US, then to consider it. But he said it has been totally wiped out. In fact, it's almost wiped out internationally too. Just in a few countries, which I can't remember which ones now. I agree it is a scary disease, but hearing that...
Here I am yesterday at 25 weeks! I am definitely beyond breast now :) This is my first baby and I think I'm carrying rather big, which is ok with me, it's kind of fun. I do have a short torso, so there's not much room in there. I wonder how big I will be at the end though. This photo taken in the bathroom at work, LOL. The lighting and mirror are better than ours at home!   My mom keeps making comments on how big I am and how I keep getting bigger, ugh. What's up...
Yes, this vaccine thing is a such a personal issue! I appreciate everyone's information.   I had heard the bit about most cases in Washington being kids who were vaccinated. I asked the Naturopath about this last night. He hadn't heard that, but had some interesting information. He said that there was an outbreak in Oregon of Pertussis a few years ago and they looked at it very thoroughly and found that the vaccine was about 70-80% effective. Which he said is...
Kel - I'm at the opposite end! I'm due Nov 28/Dec1, 25 weeks today (if you go with the Nov 28 date). I started in the November group, but always felt so behind and not so connected, so I started hanging out here. I stop in the Nov. group from time to time, but December is my group! I know I don't post as often as the rest of you, but I check in and love hearing what is happening for you. It's hard for me to keep up with this weekly check-in, but I like it. I'm going to...
I think my boobs and belly are about equal. I'll post a photo later this week. I keep waiting for the belly to inch farther along, and they've been keeping even the past few weeks!
Wow Mamas, I've been offline for a few days. I just read all of these posts and this is all great information! I really appreciate it!
Thank you Amanda for sharing your experience!
Hi Mamas -   I also posted this in the family bed forum, but am curious about your experience and advice. This is my first baby and will definitely be cosleeping. I'm leaning towards bedsharing and want some advice from familys with experience! I've read the official bed-sharing safety rules. Honestly the seem a little over the top to me. I'm wondering how bedsharing with a newborn worked for you.   Things I'm thinking of - do we really need to put our bed on the...
Hi everyone -   I'm pregnant with my first baby, due in December and will definitely be cosleeping. I'm leaning towards bedsharing and want some advice from familys with experience! I've read the official bed-sharing safety rules. Honestly the seem a little over the top to me. I'm wondering how bedsharing with a newborn worked for you.   Things I'm thinking of - do we really need to put our bed on the floor and up against a wall? I like my fluffy down comforter...