or Connect

Posts by lulubikes

finnegansmom - an All in one car seat is a seat that goes from infancy (rear facing) then front facing then converts to a booster seat. The Evenflo Symphony 65 one is the best buy recommended by Consumer Reports: http://www.evenflo.com/product.aspx?id=299&pfid=3098. The rear facing is rated for 5 lbs and the booster seat is rated for 110...   I wish I had someone I could trust who I could borrow a bucket from. That would be perfect...   Lately, I'm considering...
For all of you experienced moms - what are your opinions/experiences with an all-in-one, convertible and infant/bucket seats? I'm all confused about which direction to go. I really hate to purchase more car seats than I need... have you found that the bucket was useful? I know some people say it is helpful if the baby is sleeping, but I've heard plenty of moms say that they really didn't find them that useful. The most compelling thing for me right now is that having a...
Ditto! I just had my 20 wk ultrasound this week and she barely pressed. It was not uncomfortable at all - except for the holding my bladder part!
Love the photos everyone! Speaking of decorating bellies, I'm going to the Oregon Country Fair this weekend, and there is a midwife there that paints pregnant bellies. I've been looking forward to doing that since I first went there as an adult 6 yrs ago! So next week, I'll post a photo of my decorated belly!
Great suggestions everyone!   For us, so far on my being on top has worked pretty well, but I am starting to feel like my belly is too big, because I like to lean towards DH and sitting up seems too hard. Recently we tried spooning but ended up each of us lying back a bit, I think I was mostly on my back and he was more side lying but sort of under me... if you can imagine that... and my top leg between his making sort of an X. I've seen that position in a book...
Oh gosh Travelmumma - I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but reading your story made me laugh so hard. So sorry you still have these bumps!
mamaharrison - I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Here are some suggestions. I might have missed that other's suggested them or that you are already doing them, but just in case...   Warming Sock Treatment: http://www.heartlandnaturopathic.com/coldsock.htm it's also called the cold wet sock treatment. It sounds horrible to do, but it really helps me. I don't know where you live, but it sounds even more miserable to do in the heat of the summer. I've only done it...
I've been feeling movement for a few weeks now. I started feeling little tickles about 15 weeks. Now the movements are a little bigger. This past week, I've been feeling very subtle movements from the outside. DH hasn't felt them yet. The baby stops when I tell him to feel! This is my first baby and it is super exciting to be feeling the baby!   This past week, I also found that I can hear the baby's heartbeat with my fetoscope. That is very exciting. I've been...
I'm doing the anatomy scan on July 11, which is 20 weeks. We're very excited. We aren't finding out the sex, but it will still be great to see this LO!
The midwifery training that I had was definitely in the camp of let the mom do what she needs and only monitor for health and well being. It drives me crazy when I see the super directive midwives, docs and nurses in videos too.   segolily - you have the right idea. It is very important to communicate your needs/wants when interviewing midwives (or docs for that matter) - so you find the right fit for you. Some people want more direction and some don't. I personally...