or Connect

Posts by lulubikes

I just started a book that I've heard is great - so I'm going to jump in. I seem to keep missing the postings in this thread that I can honestly say "that's me!"   The book I'm reading is Wildwood by Colin Meloy. It is set in Portland, OR (where I live), but it is a bit fantastical version of Portland. Can't wait to read more!   As you would suspect by my username, I love to bike especially self supported bike camping.   TMBM has done bike camping - maybe not...
Here is today's photo 17w5d. Naked belly!   I think I'm totally showing. Haven't had strangers say anything yet :) I'm sure it will happen sooner or later!
Definitely a big hug for you and the family. Very sad news indeed!
OMG, the vodka/water condoms are a great idea. I've never heard of that. As everyone has said most homebirth midwives do give you a list of what they want you to get for the birth.   I debated whether this was appropriate, but I'm going to do a shameless plug here for my business that I started and run out of my house, which sells birth supplies! www.RadiantBelly.com. Many midwives have set up their custom kits with me and you can get all the supplies individually...
Interesting, this story was on NPR yesterday: http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/06/18/155297280/a-few-drinks-while-pregnant-may-be-ok   It says a few drinks a week in early pregnancy may be ok. But then goes on to say that we still really don't know.   At the beginning of my pregnancy, my MIL offered me a book that she thought I'd be interested in, called The Broken Cord by Michael Dorris - it is a bit of a memoir and book about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and...
I did the initial blood tests (including HIV/STIs so that is all documented). I have low thyroid (and take thyroid) so I've been doing thryoid levels monthly. But levels have been good, so my primary care doc a naturopath is ok with skipping a few months and just testing 3rd trimester now.   I'm 41, but decided to skip all the genetic screening tests. Even the MaterniT21 and similar tests. What I found in my research is that the MaterniT21 and similar are much much...
You know I have tons of ingredients left over from the last time I made lotion bars... I wish there was a way to get it out to all of you easily... hmmm... I'm open to thoughts if people are interested.
I have been using lotion bars that I made at home for several years. I can't speak to how it is on the belly. I haven't felt the need to use it yet. But it is great everywhere else! You just soften the lotion bar up in your hands and then apply to your skin where ever you want it to go. I use it on my face with no problems.   Here's my recipe, sorry the amounts are sort of odd - these are all weights   0.6 oz Apricot Oil 0.5 oz Olive oil (I infused it with...
Count me in too!
Hi Everyone - I was on vacation for the past few weeks and didn't have much time to keep up online.   TravelMumma & everyone else who is having an emotional time of it - you definitely need a hug!   I'm excited to hear people are starting to feel better. I'm feeling better most of the time.    Speaking of feeling... I think I've been feeling the LO for a week or so. I feel these tickles from the inside of my belly. And sometimes other flutters. But then again...