or Connect

Posts by lulubikes

So sorry to all you mamas with bad M/S. I am so happy that mine has mostly passed! I had a little nausea yesterday, but not bad.   I found that homeopathic Ipecac really helped my nausea. Homeopathic Nux Vomica also is known to help for other people. I highly suggest trying it if nothing else has worked. It can't hurt in my opinion!   My challenge this week is that since my symptoms have subsided, I don't "feel" pregnant. I mean I have a little belly, but it's...
Oh Mama, how rough it has been! I'm so sorry that this pregnancy ended in miscarriage too. That is such a bummer. Are there any support groups in your area for pregnancy loss - that might help. Also, have you seen the pregnancy loss pages from Earth Mama Angel Baby? http://www.babylosscomfort.com/index.php I've hear that there are great resources there.   It is completely normal to get excited by a pregnancy and devastating when it doesn't stick. Try not to be too...
Before I got pregnant and the first few months, I had this red inflammation in my pits. My naturopath and a dermatologist swore it was yeast. So we did yeast things (OTC fungal treatment and a cream the dermatologist prescribed). Nothing cleared it. Then my naturopath suggested chickweed, that didn't help me, but it might help you. In the end, what cleared it for me was a prescription for hydrocortisone. I hate using drugs esp during pregnancy, but by then I was...
It is so great to hear all the good news (MujerMamaMismo, taurustheta and me!)   taurustheta - Congrats to you! If you have had 3 good ultrasound scans with heartbeats, that is super promising. Once you see that, it is very unlikely to miscarry. However, typically, you can get a heartbeat at 13 weeks with a doppler - however sometimes you can't get it until 14 weeks. It really depends on where your uterus & the baby are. That 120 heart rate - was that what you or the...
Definitely hugs to you! The waiting is definitely really difficult!   My miscarriage was at 10 weeks, but the baby was about 7 1/2wks. At that point they did tell me definitively that the pregnancy wasn't viable. I think it was because I was 10 wks from LMP... But your situation is a bit different and I think that you never know what could happen.   As for my miscarriage. After the ultrasound confirming that I would miscarry, I had some accupuncture the next day....
Zebrachick - I have definitely felt a drop off of my symptoms the last few weeks. My breasts are still totally sore. My midwife said to me last week - that is a big give away if youre breasts are sore then things are probably going well  - that being said my cousin's wife called me frantic when she was just over 10 wks and her breasts stopped being sore and everything turned out fine for her pregnancy!   The rest of you, I know how excruciating the waiting is! Really, the...
Hi Everyone - today, I'm 12 weeks and I heard the heartbeat with my doppler this morning! Whew, moving into the 2nd trimester.   Love it!   I hope everyone else is doing well!
Everyone - I am so excited & relieved! Today, I'm 12 weeks and heard the little heartbeat on my doppler this morning! Last fall, I miscarried, and I've been so anxious this pregnancy. But I made this far! Yay!   I'm feeling better, more energy and rarely nauseous. This is great. I can't wait to feel the LO move. Since it's my first baby, it might be a while... Hearing the moms that have had other babes share that they've felt babies at 12-14 weeks, makes me...
Yes, Ravelry is great! I should have mentioned that I know about that one... :)
I'll definitely be doing some crafting for this baby. I'm feeling a bit superstitous yet, I'm 11wks tomorrow. I think I'll feel more free after 12. However, I did finish a knitting project and start some baby legs this weekend. I'm telling myself that they are not necessarily for my baby, they could be for any baby. The colors are very pink and I'm probably not finding out the sex, so we'll see.   I'm a knitter and a sewer. Anyone have good websites for free patterns...