or Connect

Posts by lulubikes

I've been reading along here - but haven't posted because I have no idea! Especially on the date. I did have a dream awhile back where I had just had the baby & it was a 9-2 girl... Time will tell!
I've been posting like crazy in the other threads, thought I'd check in here.   Thanks everyone for your thoughts and wishes - I really hope I am up next. There is an elephant at the Portland Zoo that is expected to have her baby in the next few days: http://oregonzoo.org/news/2012/11/pachyderm-pending-blog-video-diary-rose-tus-pregnancy I think it would be super cool for my baby and the elephant baby to share a birthday! We'll see!   I know what you all mean...
Well as I posted on FB, I started having contractions yesterday evening. They were pretty intense in terms of pressure and pinching/pain in my cervix and rectum and sometimes I was having just general aching in my whole pubic/thigh area during contractions. I tried timing them, I wasn't super great at being very accurate, but some were lasting over a minute and coming every 2-3 minutes, but some shorter and 15-20 minutes apart. They were definitely hurting all over my...
Here is my photo from today - 40 wks according to the "first" EDD I have - which is based on when I think I ovulated. Might be the last photo!    
I did some final sewing projects this weekend and finished them up today. Thought I'd share:   Wool nursing pads - I used an old wool sweater on the back and needle felted some wool batting on the inside so I could make it thicker in the center. I'm very proud that I made them sort of nipple shaped!     My latest baby gown for my baby! All our babies will be born in the Chinese year of the Dragon - which I think is super cool. So here is for our dragon...
Hi everyone - thanks for checking in with me! I've been reading along but from my phone which is a pain to post from... I'm actually still on the phone so longer post tomorrow hopefully. I'm good - ready to meet this babe on the outside. Pretty uncomfortable. My 1st EDD is this Weds. Been having my acupuncturist do induction things past few weeks but she went all the way today - stimulating needles with mild electricity! Feeling intense baby movement & intense painless...
Cielo - I wanted to respond to your post. Sounds like you are doing a great job of working through your feelings. Have you talked with your DH about your needs for more intimacy and tenderness - I know you said you're in survival mode, but maybe you can get a some of those needs met by just asking for them. Maybe just a little cuddling or even a hug would help!   About the breastfeeding issues - are you getting the support you need a LC or support group like LLL can...
I would suggest focusing on what you can change. You can't change the fears of other people. Some of the suggestions above are good things to say I think.   I know it can be super disconcerting not to know who will be at your birth - have you tried communicating your discomfort with your MW team to try to kick them into gear to sort it out for you?    But remember why you're choosing to have a homebirth and how safe you feel with that decision.
My baby has been going back and forth in the position. Until the last week - when it decided the right is most comfy. I do sometimes worry - but really also trust that my baby knows what is the best way to enter my pelvis. I do have conversations that go something like this:   "Usually it is best to be in the left, but you know best. Also try to keep your hands around your chest and head tucked during labor... "   I hope the baby is listening.   Sometimes the...
Sego - Thanks for the update! I was thinking you'd had the baby!