or Connect

Posts by lulubikes

Kaliki - that is a great idea! I wish I had thought of that before I used up all my casserole dishes and broke down and bought some foil dishes!
TM - so exciting!
Ok I think the only question I missed this morning was Kate's question about bike adventures...    I did a three week self-supported bike trip starting in California, starting in Death Valley, going through Mojave Dessert, Joshua Tree Nat'l Park, Salton Sea, Anza Borrego State Park into San Diego - 700 miles total. Self-supporting means I carried all my own gear. I did it with a group of 10 other people. It was an amazing adventure and a huge...
I'm planning a homebirth - we have a waterbirth pool, but I'm keeping my options open. I'll probably labor in water, but will birth as my instincts tell me. My training has definitely influenced my choices. I apprenticed with several different midwives and chose one to be my midwife - and my other midwife is one of my friends who I met in school - we were in the same cohort! Setting up my house for the birth I notice I'm thinking about it from the perspective of what I...
Hey Mamas!   Let's see what should I say? I'm 41 and this is my first baby! I'm so excited to meet this LO, it is hard to be patient... but it is also so surreal to think that in a few weeks (more or less) I'll have a little baby in my arms. Being a mama is something I've always wanted to do, but I was never sure I wanted to do it on my own. I thought about doing it on my own many times and even started looking for sperm donors... but then I realized that for me I...
Hello everyone! Today is the first official day of my maternity leave - I mean last Thursday was my last day at work, but I work Tues-Thurs - so today is the first day I would have been at work!   So much has been happening. I'm going to attempt some personals - hopefully I don't forget anyone...   TM - glad you're taking care of yourself and ignoring all the "outsiders". Sounds like a wonderful relaxing day you had the other day!   Kate - wow on the turkey!...
Hi Everyone!   So excited we have our first baby and everything is good with her!   Chica and Christy - I'm so jealous of you - one pee a night! OMG I'm in the 4-6 a night range! Definitely the baby has dropped, but it's like every 1-3 hours and I drink more water before going back to sleep because I'm so thirsty! Just starting the cycle over!   Tropicana - I made the cookies yesterday - they are so yummy! I also froze some of the dough all balled and ready...
Yippee! Welcome Mathilda and congrats Cielo to you and your family! I'm happy to hear you are all healthy! Can't wait to see photos!
Cielo - how are things? I'm worried since there's been no word from you since your post over 3 days ago. I suspect you're at the hospital and aren't able to check in with us online, which is the way it should be... I just hope everything is going well! I'm thinking about you often sending you and your baby good thoughts!
All this cleaning talk! I wish I had the energy to do that deep cleaning. It is all I can muster to do the light stuff. Ah well. I thought I would have that deep cleaning nesting energy - not yet!   Well I made it to my last day of work - ironically I don't have much work to do. I've been tidying things up almost every day when I leave. So I have a few things to do today and that is it!   I had a MW appointment and she recommended cramp bark for my contractions...