or Connect

Posts by lulubikes

tropicana - I just checked and I am one of the first. There are two other mamas listed 11/29 and 12/1 - not sure if they're around much anymore. I didn't recognize the screen names.   I never thought I'd be first, I've been mentally preparing to go late! Of course this doesn't necessarily mean anything. I might still go late! LOL   Going to make it through today's work - nothing else has been happening. We'll see if anything happens tonight. I know all to well...
Hey mamas -   I thought I was in labor last night! The first time since it's been "ok" to go into labor. I'm 38 weeks now, so it could be anytime, but I really thought I'd go past my due date (could still!).   Anyway, I woke up to pee and couldn't get back to sleep. Was having contractions that were painful, just annoying so I couldn't sleep, but not really bad. They were frequent, but I didn't time them. Prob every 10 mins or so. I also felt nauseous, but that...
Welcome altmama! As others have said, there are some great mamas here and great support to be had! Check out the weekly thread -that is where most of the action is. It took me awhile to figure that out
I've been putting some things in the freezer. I wouldn't say it's stocked by any means though! When I get my act together to cook a real meal (once per week it seems these days) I make extra.   So far I have frozen some veggie lasagna with butternut squash and garbanzos (to add protein), squash and black bean enchilada casserole, veggie gumbo and some blueberry breakfast muffins. The recipes are mostly from cookbooks I have at home so not easy to share. They're all...
Hi Everyone!   I started reading to catch up and was determined to do personals, but now feel overwhelmed! So much going on!   First - I hope that everyone who is sick gets better! (Tropicana, esp, smerkin, jakesmama, annaka... did I miss anyone?) I highly recommend elderberry syrup/tincture and echinacea tincture to boost your immune system. I also up my vitamin C with Emergen-C. Both those herbs are safe in pregnancy.   Lots of you are nesting and checking...
Me three! I keep checking in to see if there's an update from you!
Lovely! I'm so glad you had a great mama blessing to honor your transition to motherhood! Love the henna belly too!
First Kelly you are amazing! So jealous! Rae - I think so. You might try a double needle tho - makes sewing knitted fabrics so much easier. Most regular machines can handle it. Otherwise just use a zig zag stitch.
Wow so many health issues!   Stegan & Sego - glad you have something to focus on and hopefully you can start feeling a bit better soon. Stegan - it can definitely take a few weeks to bring the iron levels up. I think it takes like 2-3 weeks for your body to grow new red blood cells!   MamaB (and your family!) & Esp - I hope you all start feeling better soon!   I saw the July DDC! I was stalking it a bit and reminiscing about when I had just gotten my BFP!...
Hi there, I'm just popping in from the December DDC to see what's going on in November.... If you do you live near Portland... I live here and there are tons of great LC options. Of course Providence suggested by fayebond. But also Meg Stalnaker (www.naturallatch.com) is a great private LC. Then there is Birthingway College of Midwifery, which has  LC clinic that offers FREE LC services with certified IBLC consultants - they do have students who assist/observe....