or Connect

Posts by bambihelton

Yes, I always nurse first. Unless we are out somewhere. Then he either gets formula or pumped breast milk from a bottle. He doesn't mind only taking a bottle a couple of times if we are out somewhere, but he really enjoys his time nursing. Thank you... I have wanted to try the Dr.Brown's and wasn't sure if he would do well with the latch, but if you aren't having any trouble, I will give them a try too. 
Thank you. I have thought about trying the Tommy Tippees. Next time I'm at Target, I will grab some and see if that works.    As far as increasing my milk supply, I have eaten oatmeal, drank more water, and taken Fenugreek. At first I was pumping after each nursing session but it was so much work when he literally ate every hour and a half that I quit pumping so much. I started pumping after each nursing session again today, so hopefully it will help. My supply has...

I'm so ready to pull my hair out regarding feeding.  We are still supplementing with formula. If we didn't, Gray would nurse all.day.long. He definitely prefers breastfeeding, as he comfort nurses often times. I think my milk production has increased a little, but still not enough to keep little man full. He sometimes drinks 3 ounces of formula about 45 minutes after nursing. BUT the problem is with the bottles. We were initially using the Breastflow bottles. They...
LOL Maine! YES!!!
I had my 6 week follow-up appointment (that I wasn't aware I had until yesterday when they called to confirm my appointment). At my two week appointment, I saw the second doctor at my practice (the one that released me from the hospital.) At this appointment, I saw the doctor that delivered my LO. He didn't tell me until TODAY that he feels very strongly that I was in fact NOT 39 weeks pregnant, but at least 42 weeks, if not longer. I had three ultrasounds where baby was...
I'm 5 weeks postpartum... Well, will be 6 weeks in 3 days... And I think I just got my first period pp. I'm breastfeeding and felt like this wouldn't happen so soon. Unfair!
Hope to hear more good news on Penny soon, BaileyB!    Munchkin, hoping things go well for you moving baby into the co-sleeper! My LO absolutely will NOT nurse in the side laying position... and usually won't sleep beside me either. He basically makes me sleep in the recliner while holding him and nursing him all.night.long! I've tried bed sharing and nursing in the side laying position so many times I have lost count... He just doesn't like it. :( 
Gray usually poops twice a day and when he goes, he has big blowouts. At first, he pooped constantly but that has changed. He writhes and fusses and has major grumbling in his belly. I just massage his belly a little and try to nurse him through it. The massaging really seems to help him... Maybe some gripe water will help if you feel like she's too uncomfortable. I've used it a couple of times and I think it helped some. Luckily, we don't have many tummy issues. He has...
Munchkin, it probably has something to do with the Estrogen if you're breastfeeding. I think I read that somewhere...  My boobs itch while Gray is nursing. I'm not sure why. It's only WHILE he's nursing. It's not the nipple... It's just my entire breast. We've ruled out thrush.