or Connect

Posts by bambihelton

Today, one of the greatest things has happened to me since I got pregnant! Since finding out that we are having a boy, I have been pondering how to have the discussion that I wanted to not have baby circumcised with DH. I have really had the fear that my husband would be absolutely against not circumcising, simply because he is circumcised. SURPRISINGLY, this morning, he asked me if I wanted to get baby circumcised or not. I was shocked that he was so open to discussion...
Ironmam, what a bummer! I know it probably costs out the hiney to do that, but I would if I were you! If you can find things you're pleased with, don't pass it up! lol  Welcome Kate! Now our little boys are taking the lead! I don't like sports themes either... or firetrucks... or monsters... or lots of other things!
Ugh! It's even more frustrating when you go into a store to buy baby clothes and there's an ENTIRE baby section FULL of girl clothes and there's a teeny wall with ONE rack of boy's clothes. Really?  We went shopping today for some clothes for little mister. I found that the only things I approve of are stripes! Haha! We did find find several really cute things at one store and I decided that, since you can hardly ever find decent baby boys clothes, I may as well buy...
  Haha! You would think, with me having a miscarriage, I would have been ecstatic to just be pregnant and want EITHER, but I didn't. I wanted a girl soo badly! But the second that they told me I was having a boy, I was so excited to have a spunky little mister running around! I love him just the same. The tricky part is dressing him. I hate 90% of all baby boy clothes. :( It's so hard to find something to please me!! 
Thank you!    It's so exciting to see growing bellies! Everybody looks GREAT!
Our anatomy scan was this morning. Baby was very camera shy. I was 99% sure that we were going to be seeing a girl, but after having to roll over on my side and switch positions multiple times to get baby to move a little, we saw:   !   I was so wrong!! But there is no mistake that we are having a little mister. I thought I would be disappointed if they told me I was going to have a boy, but I definitely wasn't. I was so ecstatic to see a healthy little baby in...
  19 weeks today! (spending the day at my mother's house while DH is working). I'm surprised at how large I got over the last couple of weeks.
Oh, I don't think that we should close our DDC at all!  Being here is so supportive and I'm thankful to have our DDC to come to share and learn. I would hate to take the same opportunity away just because someone didn't happen to come join until later in pregnancy. 
  Speaking of diving in a shark tank, the hubs and I go to the Outerbanks every year with his family. This year, I decided that I wanted so badly to go scuba diving. They offer lessons in which you spend an entire day training in some sort of pool and then you have to rent equipment and have to pay to go. It ended up being like $1500 for all of that, but it seemed so awesome because at the Outerbanks, they have so many shipwrecks that you can explore while scuba diving....
I love all of these baby pictures! I can't believe we are all hitting the halfway mark. Even though I feel as if time is dragging because I want to meet my little bundle, I still can't believe I'm already HALFWAY through!  IronMam, our big ultrasound is tomorrow morning at 8:30! My mother is actually a receptionist/nurse at a doctor's office and frequently calls and communicates with my OB office and was surprised when I told her that my appointment was on a Friday...