or Connect

Posts by daisygrrrl

Use a measuring cup and place a heaping teaspoon of shea butter in there.  Use Avocado oil to fill it up to 3/4 c.  Add 1/2 oz shaved beeswax.  Place measuring cup in a water bath where the water just comes above the oil.  Heat on med-low until melted.  Remove measuring glass from pan and pour contents into mixing bowl.  Let cool until you see a faint rim of hardened beeswax forming on the side of the measuring glass.   Then, if using a stick blender, start blending,...
Marci-  Try Avocado oil if you can find it, if you want something natural.  I was reading about how good it is for itching and stretch marks.  I have been making my own lotion for years and I finally hit the jackpot with this avocado/shea butter mix.  It is amazing.  I feel like I have used everything else and never got that soft, supple store bought lotion effect...until now.  Usually I end up with just greasy dry skin. :)  If anyone wants the recipe, I am happy to post...
I love "No Matter What" by Debi Gliori.  all time favorite children's book.  Maybe not a read to your baby but definately little ones.  My kids are 6 and  9 and they still love to hear it and I still love to read it.
Really cook crickets!  I am so glad to hear he is appearing in good health and you are officially in love.  I am still waiting to feel my girl at 17.5 weeks.  Unless my midwife recommends (which she isn't at this time) a scan, we are not doing one this time.  So I will live vicariously though yours and everyone elses.  I bet the 4D was really cool.
I got a silk bravado (which is not really silk btw)  and so far I like it a lot.  I have had the problem with all bras where my cleavage is so itchy.  Doesn't even matter if the girls are even touching each other.  I go for more comfort over style.  I had the cotton ones for my last 2 kids and the silk ones seems to hold shape much better.  I know they $ a lot, but I am only getting 2 and I usually nurse until the kiddos are 2, so....
I am 17w, 6 days and up 10lbs.  I am hoping to keep my gain down to 20lbs since I started at 176, but, honestly, I do love my sweets....and carbs.
Delighted- That looks very nice.   I just have to say I took my 45lb, 6 1/2 for a stroll in the BOB, down a very hilly 1 mile gravel road and back and it was pretty much as easy to do as just walking by myself.  Pushing it is like a knife going through soft butter.  BTW, my 6 1/2 year old had a thrill, because I never took him anywhere in a stroller.  Says it can handle loads up to 70lbs, so I made my  year old stuff in there (55lbs, or maybe 60), and it was still pretty...
I was just saying to some friends how it takes me FOREVER to find a new pair of tennis shoes, since I want brown or maybe gray.  Those shoes are just so ugly.  Of course I would take a pair of purple converse in a heartbeat if my feet weren't so wide.  I guess the new balance shoes I have on right now have a bit of bright if not hot) pink around the N, but that was the best I could find in my price range. 
I just have to say that I am super excited, as I just found the stroller of my dreams on Craigslist for $100.  It is a BOB Sport Utility stroller and retails for $350, but it comes with an attachment to hook on an infant carseat and a rain cover.  I could never afford a new one and I live on a mile long gravel road and this thing is supposed to be the bomb for that.  Just feel so lucky.  Picking it up tomorrow.
I don't think you are alone in thinking the way you do.  I think we all have our dream baby notions and gloss over all the hard stuff and then you have these moments of reality, of immense reality.  I have always thought I was supposed to have a girl...and I guess I picture her tree climbing, dirt on her cheeks and leaves in her hair (I do live in the country/forest).  My friend a month ago or so, really put the fear of God in me with little girls when she told me I was...