or Connect

Posts by khensberry

My 22 month old isn't super fond of hair washing, but we've been battling really bad cradle cap since birth and the only thing I haven't tried is washing her hair more often than every 7-10 days. So I'm aiming for every other day now. It'll be some time before I see if it's working but it's hard because she really isn't into it. I can't wash her hair if she is tired so I have been doing bath time a little earlier, and that helps some. We had a rinse cup for a while, and...
Sleeping baby productions (sleepingbaby.net) has great slings that are really good prices for custom jobs, and she has some good info about hip carries as well (http://www.sleepingbaby.net/wearing/hip.php) :)
I'd try a back carry - the "view" is better that way. Forward-facing on the front can be way too overstimulating for most babies (as you've discovered) and is difficult to get a good seat position (esp. with the older babes) so I'd be careful with that. Hip carry in a sling is a great suggestion also. Also maybe a Boba or something similar that has a really high back and keeps her safe when she does arch and you need to keep her on your front. 
I make a similar pasta fagioli with tomato sauce, beans (kidney, red, pink, or garbonzo all work great) and several big handfuls of spinach. So good and my carnivore husband loves the beans instead of meat :) I've also done it by adding chili seasoning instead of Italian for a sort-of chili-mac. So tasty and easy!
Greens and Beans   I don't know the exact cost but I'm sure it's under $5. Vegetarian, gluten-free, and super fast.   Saute some onion and garlic in olive or coconut oil. Add some red pepper flakes, black pepper, salt. Add greens (chopped fresh kale, spinach, or collards). Cook until wilted. Add 1.5-2 cups garbonzo beans, heat thoroughly. (I make my own from dry beans, but you could use canned if you wanted - 1 can's worth.)   Serve with a sweet potato,...
This might work for babywearing: http://www.wrapyourbaby.com/babywrapblanket.html I haven't tried it but it looks great. Doesn't solve the snowsuit issue entirely, but maybe wrapping baby in this can protect the exposed legs when the pants hike up. Maybe just try buying a snowsuit one size too big? That should give more freedom for movement, leg spreading,etc. Also maybe a peekaru babywearing jacket would be good, keeps baby (and you!) warm. Maybe that way you can...
My husband has the same problem. His skin under his arms actually started chafing from the straps digging in so much. My hubby isn't plus sized but he is barrel-chested (really big around this chest) so I wonder if that doesn't have something to do with it, cause I have no issues. Baby is 9 months and he's been having this problem since she was much smaller. We ended up finding a used Ergo at a yard sale and bought that for him. It's an old Ergo, 6 years old I think, and...
Hi all... We just moved to Boulder and are looking for a new pediatrician for the baby, dentist, and primary care physician for my husband and I. Would be nice to have a family doctor but I'm really more concerned that we find someone for my daughter who is supportive of how we are caring for her. Our last pedi was pretty traditional, the kind to prescribe medicine for any little thing. Ideally I'd like someone who is okay with us having our daughter on a modified...
Peace of Mind, let me know when you get to town and get settled :)
Kelly Beth,   For some reason I can't seem to reply to the PM you sent me....? Oh well.   Congrats on the new baby! You've got a big adventure coming your way! :) And good for you reaching out now to other parents... I didn't learn how important it was to have parent-friends until after Amia was born. We're finally getting settled here after the move and we'd love to start meeting some other mama and dads!   Do you two come to Boulder often? I am not familiar...