or Connect

Posts by Megmoira

I went camping with a 7 week old newborn this June and it was fine... but make sure you've got a fine enough bug net. The one that came with her stroller didn't keep the no-see-um's off. :)
Quinala! Congratulations! (also, best wishes to all of your health, and for extra hands as needed when they show up!)   And for some Happy News!    I got a job, and I enjoy it so far! Hooray!
Thanks,  Nstewart,   I do yoga occasionally, I find it really relaxing. It doesn't seem to matter what I do for excercise, so long as I get some regularly. Weight lifting is out because I am really not good at finding moderation. Also, I quit the gym, so I'd be lifting boxes in the basement. Just not a good idea all around. I am going to give myself a yoga bedtime treat after I get offline.   @BaileyB   The thing that's been getting to me about the political...
This week we've decided to do some batch cooking, just in case the frankenstorm knocks out our power. We've got ice in the freezer, and we'll be making a half chicken on Monday, and a pot of chili on Tuesday. We've a gas stove, so we won't be completely boned if the power goes out. I'm going to trust that the city water will still work, because it'd take something catastrophic to knock that out. Since we're prepared, I think we'll be ok, but I wish my neighborhood would...
I am too. The nausea went away, and I was hungry for two days, then I caught a sniffle and I haven't wanted much since. The two things that have helped me a lot are to eat something small (peanutbutter toast slice, a home made muffin) as soon as I get up, and then, have a snack in about an hour and a half. That usually kickstarts my appetite. The other thing my midwife suggested is to drink separately from my meals. This has worked ok.  Best of luck!
Hi! I've been lurking for a while, and I know I'm not the only person with drama here, but I could use some help. (AmandaLynnH, Timesaway, I'm sending good vibes your way, and I hope your respective problem people get struck by laryngitis, but only when they're being jerks.)   I have PTSD due to rape trauma, and the current political season has been very triggering for me.  For those of you who aren't familiar, being triggered is a involuntary response. It's not...
As far as the sibling rivalry goes, that most likely will fix itself once your eldest daughter stops feeling like she needs all of your attention.    And don't beat yourself up to hard. Everyone makes mistakes, its how you bounce back from them that matters. 
I'm asking a few questions, but it's just to clarify. There's no judgement going on, I just want to make sure I understand.  How often did you have contact with your younger two children? Phone calls/skype/visits? Was your eldest daughter involved in those calls/contacts?   Frankly, I think the living one on one caused this, so maybe that'd be a bad solution. I want to speak clearly, no judgement is intended. Due to your eldest's job, you and she were living essentially...
@ BaileyB- I hope your daughter recovers quickly! That's one huge injury, did you ever find out what she broke it on?   I'm due the first of May... unless you listen to the ultrasound tech, who said I'm due the 6th of May. Either way, the due date is +/- 2 weeks depending on which way the wind's blowing... so I'm ok with it either way. My nausea is gone, unless I go 4+hours not eating while awake. Then it kinda pokes its nasty little head in and waves as if to say "I...
Maybe the monastic orders weren't so bad, eh? A quart of wine per day, homemade bread, cheese and salt.    Nah, I'd prefer sex and meat too.    Sorry, I'm punchy and random this afternoon... I'll most likely have the occasional glass of wine in the second half of my pregnancy, but right now, there's a strong aversion to wine and beer.