or Connect

Posts by dreammama

My husband was dying of cancer, and a wonderful hospice social worker was really there for me.  I told her I just didn't think I could go back to the hospital and have my baby after everything that had happened.  She told me her friend just had her baby at home with a midwife!  Who knew?!  She set up an appointment for the midwife to come to the house and one of the last things my husband did was hear his son's heartbeat.  I've never looked back.  My midwife took such...
Sooooo?  I'd love to hear how you're doing!
My babe has something called Milk Soy Protein Intolerance.  He had bloody stools because of it. Very sad.  Some of these posts were very encouraging!  I will agree that complete elimination is best.  If I let myself have a little, I can't stop.  I like almond milk the best as a substitute but oh the gas it gives me.  Not good.  I also agree that giving up cheese and cream in my coffee are the hardest.  I've adjusted to having chocolate almond milk in my coffee now and...
It's hard to believe how many still births I hear about now that I had one.  I'd never really heard about anyone having one before.  I chose to vaginally birth my still born, and a lot of people thought I was crazy for it.  They didn't understand that being pregnant for him and giving birth to him were the only memories I would ever have and I wanted them to be good ones... or as good as possible considering the circumstances.  Even though having our new baby boy has...
Hey BaileyB!  I just wanted to update that we had our beautiful baby boy UC!!!  It was fast, easy and pretty much painless.  There were a few painful contractions, but that's it!  We couldn't have imagined a more perfect experience!  Would love to hear how you are doing!  
Just wanted to follow up.  Our first UC was a wonderful success!!!  I was thinking I might go into labor on a Friday night so around 11pm we took some fun belly pictures.  As soon as I went to bed contractions hit hard and fast.  At 1:15am my husband caught our beautiful baby boy in our kitchen.  I can't really say there was even any pain involved besides a few contractions!  I was at peace and my husband repeatedly goes on about how it was the most incredible moment of...
Just a side note to this I guess.  I am rh- and hubby is rh+.  I did have the shot with our first baby, but it didn't work.  Turns out that can happen on very rare occasions.  Now with this baby I'm isoimmunized.  Guess I should have refused the shot after all.  All the extra concern and testing has not been fun.  Thankfully baby is fine and due in 2 weeks!
We also had a still birth at 38 weeks with our last baby after a perfect, "normal" pregnancy.  The only thing they could come up with was possible cord accident.  Because of this caregivers are a little afraid of us and want to micromanage our current pregnancy and birth.  It is for this reason that we plan on staying home and having an "ooops" UC as long as everything looks good and we are comfortable.  It just seems right.  We need this for our own healing.  We've put...
This sounds like us!  Our midwife was no longer able to care for us so we are seeing an ob.  We hate it, but really wanted to make sure everything was great with baby along the way.  Now we are secretly preparing for our first UC!  The last 2 were with home births with midwives, which was great, but we really feel like we want it to just be us and baby this time.  We're due in 2 weeks!!!
We recently purchased a Contec pocket fetal doppler Sonoline B off ebay for $65.  It's brand new, came in about a week, and we have been really happy with it so far! Good luck finding a good one!