or Connect

Posts by dakipode

Hey ladies, I noticed that someone finally started a new thread and wanted to stop by and say hi. It's great to see that this community is still alive, I got so much support from hanging out here when I was TTC. Chuord, I'm happy and sad to see you're still here. I sincerely wish you a BFP and a healthy, happy baby soon! I don't know some of you other ladies but it looks like you've got a great thing going. Baby dust to all of you. I hope you will join us on the other...
My two month old is 50th percentile for weight but 95th for height. I know babies can change but DH is tall and skinny so I'm thinking it's a trend. I have an Infantino Union carrier that was a gift and it's okay around the house but I tried going for a walk and it killed my hips. I'm wondering if it's me (after pregnancy body), the way I have the carrier adjusted, or the carrier itself. I've seen lots of moms rave about the more expensive SSCs and it always sounds like a...
Hey Sphinxy, just saw this thread and wanted to respond. We had a rough start with breastfeeding (latch problems, cracked nipples, blanching which is incredibly painful, etc.) and I was so determined to make it work. I kept thinking "let's see how I feel by next week" and it did get easier. I think around week 6 things started getting better, less pain and I actually started enjoying feeding A. Now, at 8 weeks, it's become much more like the warm, fuzzy, bonding...
I made some Major Milk Making Cookies (google) and they were okay but not sure if they did anything for my supply. Fenugreek I've read you have to take to the point where you start smelling of it to be effective, but you may want to double check that. Is there a reason why you can't latch him on instead of bottle feeding? I can't get much out of pumping but supposedly how much they get at the breast can vary quite a bit from how much they get from a bottle...
YAY! Thanks for creating this thread. I suppose I could've done it too but I'm not a leader, I'm a follower.   This whole journey from TTC to pregnancy and now motherhood has included a huge spiritual growth component and that is what I would like to see discussed here, among other things. How is parenthood impacting you as a person, how is it helping you grow?   So many things come to mind but I'll start with a few big ones: - guilt over anything and everything and...
Hands, so good to hear from you! She's precious!   Kali, that picture is hilarious! And it's so hard to capture just the right moment with babies!
aidenn, thank you for that. I certainly identify with your statement that reading books is about the illusion of control. At the same time it helps me feel like I'm doing something for my baby, to help me become a better parent. I tend to gather all sorts of information and then distill it into something that works for me.   Right now I do most of the caretaking so DH defers to me for most decisions. I'm sure more stuff will come up as he gets older and we have to start...
I had my 6 week exam and MW said everything looked great. I had a 3rd degree tear that was surgically repaired and apparently they did a pretty stellar job so I'm happy for that! I'm having some minor issues with urinary incontinence which MW said should get better over time. The thing that bothered me more during the exam she asked me to perform a kegel and she said she could not feel me contract, which leads me to believe I'm doing them wrong and/or I have no control...
Congratulations, Sparklemaman!   BTW, do we have a Peaceful/Zen/Sane parenting thread? I sure miss our little community!
vegrunr, what a great picture! Oliver seems like a happy baby!   CDsmom, I am so worried about loose blankets and extra stuff in the crib, but it doesn't seem to be an issue for your little one. Is that nap time or overnight sleep situation?   MamaMash, very cute. A doesn't do that, he does end up with his hand in my nursing cami sometimes, other times I'll just stick it in there since his hands get cold very easily.