or Connect

Posts by dakipode

I just requested to join, let's just say I've got an unpronounceable long last name, you'll see it.
For the most part I've gotten "nice" comments. People say I look small... eh, whatever. I've also gotten "cute". The funny thing is that my whole life I've fought against being called "cute" because I feel it implies that people don't take me seriously, that I'm just a little girl whose opinions don't matter... That's my issue I guess. This past weekend at my continuing ed class there was one guy who just kept being so familiar with me, I'd never met the guy before but...
I think I would prefer it if the group were secret rather than closed. I have some business contacts via FB and I don't want them to be able to see my personal activity. Or is that something I need to change on my side?
revolting, I was hoping that getting the floors refinished would make a good excuse for a baby moon and we could use money that my mother would send for my birthday in July to fund that little trip BUT now it looks like the floors will have to wait (probably for the next ten years...) How was the festival over the weekend?   JustJenny: funny story about what's underneath our carpet: in our guest bedroom, which will eventually become the kid's room, DH started...
Fuzzy hoody all but done, I need to sew everything together. I hate sewing, but it's going to look so cute when done! In the meantime I started and finished this: This is the ribbed baby jacket, used Plymouth Yarn Jelli Beenz (75% acrylic, 25% wool) bought online as a closeout for $2.50/skein, used almost 3 skeins for size 3-6 months. Really, for $7.50 how can you go wrong? I bet it would be $20-30 at the store. This was superfast. It did require sewing up the...
It must be all that mindfulness we practiced while TTC...   All is well here, baby is kicking constantly. We're headed to Ikea this weekend to pick up some furniture for the living room and maybe a cheap crib. Combining that with a continuing ed class and visiting some other baby related stores. On the home front we're getting carpet replaced and floors refinished. Our birthing class starts in July and I chose the Blissborn class, which I understand is similar...
I'm feeling like a human punching bag. My friend commented: your uterus must make a great 3D trampoline!
I got an undergraduate degree in architecture and my husband went on and is now a licensed architect.   The reality of the profession is very different from the education. The education focuses on design whereas on a day to day basis my husband mostly does project management, keeping owners and consultants happy and everything coordinated. In any larger size firm there are very little design opportunities, principals only. Hardly anyone uses CAD anymore, most firms...
aidenn, that's so cute, your daughters playing being pregnant!   lilmamita, that's pretty much what my bookkeeper said: girls gain everywhere, boys only in the belly, she's had 4 kids and affirmed that's what happened with each of her pregnancies.   In the bellybutton thread I mentioned my scar so for those of you who are curious I've included a picture here.   [[SPOILER]]
Oh, viddy, so frustrating! FWIW: I'm still cheering you on from the sidelines! Sending lots of positive and fertile thoughts!