or Connect

Posts by dakipode

tillymonster, you look awesome! And your DD too!
Yeah! Sign me up!   Oooh, and if no one puts in extra comments etc. you can just use the number of replies as your total.
haurelia, keep in mind that while she's the provider and the professional you are ultimately the paying customer! You have a right to ask for what you want and then it's up to her to accommodate you or not. As for the tea party and "fancy": the first thing that came to mind for me is wear a hat and do it sort of Kentucky Derby style...   nettlesoup: so glad to hear you're finally better!   serena: get well soon!   It looks like the weather's warming up here...
fernmama: what if you started an official sign up thread with a deadline of say mid May, then you would have a concrete number and we could just get that many beads?
Sparklemaman, we had our big anatomy scan a week ago and that was definitely a milestone for me and a reassuring thing. I've been pretty laid back in general since I sort of started feeling pretty early on that there is really nothing else to do besides letting nature take its course. We took some sort of genetic screening test at 12 weeks, not sure what it was called but it was one of the less detailed ones, she had me put 6 drops of blood on a postcard... After...
vc2013: yes, I have thought about that, but mostly in a "it won't happen to me" kind of way. I don't know what I'd do if my kid turned out to be a psychopath. There would probably be a lot of self blame. I'm not sure what else because it seems like such an unlikely thing. It's intimidating to think that you could have the best intentions and do all the things you think are best for your child and they still turn into a monster. I often think "Oh the parents must've been...
lilac, it could be round ligament pain or just miscellaneous pregnancy "everything down there is shifting" cramping. I'll look forward to your Tuesday update!   kimble, so looking forward to seeing a birth announcement from you in the coming month!   M.Q., hope your nausea resolves soon. Mine went away around 13 weeks. Also feel free to tell us a bit more about yourself.   I'd love to see a bit more 30's related discussion in this thread so I'll go first and...
Everyone's entitled to an opinion and my response to you was mine. See below. I thought we were having a great discussion and certainly no animosity was implied on my part. That statement in no way was meant to imply that that doesn't apply to myself. I was being specific and addressing you as I was responding directly to your post.   Just felt like that needed clarification. I was enjoying the discussion and didn't mean to put you on the defensive.
I have some things that I hold in the back of my mind when it comes to expectations regarding this (and any future) child(ren): - related to the sex/gender issue: I am very much aware of the fact that I expect my child to be heterosexual. It's just what I assume. I am in no way opposed to a child who prefers same sex relationships, just saying that my expectation is one that I would consider "normal". - intellect: DH and I consider ourselves to be above average...
To me the idea of a big Wedding is very American. We solved this by taking his parents and my mother on a trip and getting married during the trip. It was just the essential people, no agonizing over who to invite, who would come etc. Sure the idea of lots of people there is nice but the reality is that everybody has a life, a schedule, and a budget and most of my friends wouldn't have come, as much as they wish me well.   Sounds like your midwife is pushing your buttons....