or Connect

Posts by freerangemama11

I love using a wrap-style carrier with newborns.  You can tie it and position the newborn so that they have a lot of head support.  I used a moby wrap with my son until he was about 4 months old and he easily fell asleep in the wrap.  After 4 months I switched to the ergo, and we still use it occasionally at 2.5 years.  
I had a similar situation when wearing my son at about the same age.  When I would move around while wearing him, he was fine, but when I would try to sit down and do anything, he'd fuss unless he was sleeping.  Usually I'd do housework or go for a walk until he fell asleep, then once he was sleeping I could catch up on email, etc. while wearing him.   Also, it may be an issue with the particular type of carrier you are using.  My son was very particular.  At 12...
My son is almost 2 (23 months) and I still haven't gotten my period, and it's been almost three years.  He doesn't nurse too often during the day because I work outside the home about 3 days per week, but he still does a lot of night nursing, and needs to suckle in order to fall asleep.  He nurses to sleep (around 8pm), and then nurses again around midnight, then again around 5am.  I stopped pumping at about 18 months, but still make a decent amount of milk.  I think...
I know what you mean about trying to minimize sweets in general. It helps me to think of and use xylitol more as a supplement. I probably eat the equivalent of 2 teaspoons per day, spaced throughout the day. I use maybe 1/4 teaspoon in water. The rest I just try to swish in my mouth after meals. Good luck to you mama, let me know how things turn out!
Wow, that sounds like a beautiful birth experience!  Contratulations and welcome to the world Josiah!
My teeth got really bad during pregnancy too--I think from all of the hormones.  I started using the xylitol everyday after my son was diagnosed with tooth decay, and have noticed much improvement in my teeth over time.  It takes about 6 months of regular xylitol use to completely clean your mouth of all the bad bacteria.  I also use Dr. Ellie's regimen of rinses (Closys, toothpaste, listerine, and ACT) twice a day and my mouth has gotten MUCH better on this.  She has a...
Yes, the dentist is very expensive, we spent about $2000 out of pocket this year on dental expenses, none of which was covered by our insurance.  However, we had to have a lot of treatments since our son already had pretty active decay going on.  It would have been even more expensive through a traditional dentist though, who wanted to do baby root canals and fillings under general anesthesia.  It sounds like your daughter is still getting her teeth in and doesn't have...
I don't make my own toothpaste, but we have a three step process we use with my son twice a day.  I take about a teaspoon of granular xylitol and dissolve it in about 1/8 cup of water.  I brush his teeth with this mixture.  Then I take a teensy bit of Squigle toothpaste that we got from Dr. Hollander.  Squigle has xylitol in it, but it also has fluoride, so I only use a little bit topically.  After brushing with the Squigle, I put a little bit of bubblegum ACT on the...
Hi fayth2012, I'm not sure where you are in PA, but I'm in Central PA, near York.  We drive about 1.5 hours east to King of Prussia to see Dr. Hollander with Rose and Hollander Dental Associates.  My son has ECC and was diagnosed at the age of 14 months (he's now 23 months).  At the time he had 4 cavities.  We initially saw Dr. Hollander at the beginning of April, and he did an ozone treatment.  Dr. Hollander has a wonderful bedside manner, and I can't say enough good...
I think my water broke during the pushing stage. I can't remember ever feeling it break because I was concentrating so much on pushing out the baby! Since you haven't posted in a while, I'm thinking you're now in more active labor. Hopefully by this time tomorrow you'll be snuggling with your little solstice baby!