or Connect

Posts by Cathlin

We did vax our daughter, but what we also did was got boosters for myself and my husband. I guess that's an alternative!
I haven't but good luck and keep us posted!
How cool! We're not at this stage and I don't have experience, but I bet if you reached out to them they would have advice for you!
This is a family favorite, and is also dairy-free - and very quick!        Chicken, Carrots and Couscous (4 servings) 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon 1 tsp ground ginger  1 tsp Kosher salt 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper  6 carrots, thinly sliced on the bias  2 c chicken stock 1/2 c water 1 c couscous  2 c coarsely shredded chicken  3 tbs olive oil  1/2 c sliced almonds  1/3 c dried dates or raisins  4 scallions, white and light green parts only, sliced   1/2 c chopped fresh...
Here's my recipe for Super Mama Lactation Cookies! (dairy free)     Super Mama Lactation Cookies 1 1/2 c whole wheat flour 1 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp baking soda 1 rounded tsp kosher salt 3/4 c almond peanut butter* 3/4 c butter*, softened 1 c flax 3 T brewer’s yeast 1/3 c water 1/3 c sugar 2/3 c brown sugar 2 tsp vanilla 2 large eggs 10 oz chocolate chips* 1 3/4 c oats* Preheat oven to 350 F 1) Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. 2) In a large...
Right now my favorite organizational tool are those closet sweater organizers- lined up on the floor against the wall for toys and puzzles, and hanging up labeled for each day of the week so that I can sort and prep homeschooling materials ahead of time.
New to Homeschooling, the basic Q's series is really interesting - and still a little scary. :) I've most enjoyed reading and thinking about which style (blend of styles, really) fits our family. 
Subscribing to this! Starting homeschool and it's so daunting!
For us it's "discipline". It can't be an arbitrary "you behaved contrary to my will and now you will be punished!". It's "This is what I expect of you. This is the reminder of what I expect of you. This is what the consequence will be." *then* there's the consequence. Especially for things like staying out of the street, don't touch the stove, so on. That's loving them. 
I'm not so much a pro as man ohters here (I've only used a Moby, ring sling and a Boba) but I would recommend the Boba with infant insert. The Moby was GREAT. I loved it, really, but it has a bit of a learning curve and then by the time I had it down it was really hard to wear my daughter for long (by 18 lbs I was like "erg, there has to be a better way...").  It is approved for a higher weight than what I used it for, it just got too hard. The Boba has been fantastic,...